I need to really work on my abs and arms. I still have the baby pooch...(my baby is six...and so is my pooch). I need to work out my abs.
AND...I saw a picture of me...oh, my arms. I really don't want to talk about it. :(
Anyone have any good, quick workouts that you've seen results from?
I already run 45 minutes a day...I can't do too much more. (Mom guilt, ya know)
Let me know!
J
My favorite is dips on the edge of the coffee table. I also like the bands (Target) that have handles on the end...I like to do biceps and shoulder raises with them. These are things I can do while watching t.v. in the evening.
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking of joining Weight Watchers on Friday. There's a meeting Friday mornings at the gym I go to...I've never joined before. I might try it for a month and see how it goes.
Thanks for the follow! I have not mastered these yet, I really need to work on the same areas... big time! LOL
ReplyDeleteMy arms are the LAST area to show weight loss on me. Hence my love of cardigans and all things 3/4 sleeved.... You can't spot train, so the muscle will only show once the fat is gone, but you could start building that muscle with tricep curls and showder/rowing arm presses. I find if I work my back/showder portion of the arm, I get more definition.... but as yet, I'm not really doing muscle work (tho I know how it helps to burn calories). I hate tricep exercises, and usually, when I reach goal, I still don't have decent triceps... Ah well. And re abs... well... *couch*. Remember my FUPA post? It does't get much worse than my apron pooch there lady! lol
ReplyDeletePilates! Works both arms and abs...and other areas too. Combined with the cardio it'll give you the results you are looking for. That was the only way I lessened the pooch after the last two kids...haven't been as good about doing it this time around though. I love Windsor pilates. Some of the other dvd's I've tried are okay, but Windsor is best imo...
ReplyDelete3-5x a week for 20-30 minutes
I stick to the good old fashioned body weight exercises...push ups, dips, and pull ups. I have a pull up bar that fits in the door jam and use a chair for assistance. I've also gotten incredible results with the kettlebell.
ReplyDeleteI really don't think that you can beat those stand bys...they're quick and can be done almost anywhere and you don't need any special equipment to do push ups.
For abs...kettlebell swings and planks.