Friday, February 25, 2011

Water is Key

Let me start with a joke I heard that made me chuckle:

The average woman in the US wears a size 14.
Why would anyone want to be less than average!!! 

Well, even though the joke is cute, we all know I want to be smaller. I think everyone has to find "their comfortable size." Some people exude confidence at a 14, some a size 2. Me? I'm definitely somewhere in the middle...maybe an 8? We'll see. I'm tall--almost 5'8". So, I've got to find my size, the weight where I feel like me. When I weighed 125, I had to run 6 miles 6 days a week...and eat like a bird. That's NOT ME. First off, I just don't have that kind of time anymore. Second, I'm not a bird, and I need to model healthy eating for my girls!!! I want them to have a healthy relationship with food and exercise.

So, to the title of my post. My weight has been fluctuating. One day I'm down a pound or two, and the next day I'm up. I have made a discovery. If I drink tons and tons of water, my weight seems to stay consistent. No big *surprise* jumps UP the scale. I only want that scale moving down!!!!

I thought I was drinking enough water (at least 64 ounces) but when I wrote it down, I was surprised that I my intake was less that I imagined.  The flew days the scale went up for no reason...I didn't drink enough water those days. But, I did eat within my points. I am trying to figure out if I am eating too much sodium. I don't really add salt to my food. But, I know sodium can be sneaky. It is the only thing that can explain the gains, I have been exercising and eating really well. That is frustrating. I want to see the benefits of being so diligent.

Anyway, the past two days, I drank tons of water. My weight came back down. And, I bet it will be down again tomorrow. We'll see. :-)

Don't forget your H2O,
J

PS--I weighed 177.2 this morning. So, I have only lost .8 from last week. Not exactly what I wanted but I'll take the loss! :)

4 comments:

  1. H20, my drink of choice. Hey, I wouldn't mind being average (wink).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Down .8 sounds good to me! Water is my drink of choice too! A few months ago when I was only drinking soda...I would go days without any water...I can't believe it. My body has to be thanking me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I have been tracking online I have also been tracking my water equivalent beverages, mostly tea, and doing much better drinking. I know I need to cut back on sodium:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. My body does the same thing when I don't drink enough water (for me that's about 14 glasses/day). I figure I really need to push the H2O since I'm nursing...
    I stick my bottles on the kitchen counter and just keep chugging all day long. Nice to know the little things that affect your weight flux.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!