It is so frustrating. I am desperately trying NOT to go over my points!!!! ARGH!!!!
I think I might be PMS. Is it just me or does PMS get worse with age? My boobs are sore for at least a week prior, and I admit...I am a grump, I'm so tired, and I am HUNGRY!
And, ladies over 35...is your cycle messed up? Sometimes mine is 28 days, other times 20 days!!!! Crazy! I can't plan it!
My doctor has talked with me about birth control pills, but I really don't want to do that. There are several reasons.
- The main one is I still hope for a miracle baby. Yes, I admit it. (Husband's bout with cancer left us "no chance" of more babies.)
- I'm not crazy about taking a pill for BC when I don't need to prevent pregnancy. There are risks related to BC.
- I am scared it will make me moody.
- I worry it will cause migraines (it did before babies).
- I worry it will make me hungier (=gain weight).
BUT, my PMS is a little wild. Do any of you have anything going on like this? I saw these One-A-Day vitamins for women and a better PMS...anyone try those?
Give me your thoughts...tips, opinions!
Going to sulk,
:)
J
Well I can't help you with this one because I've been on the pill for many, many years and with my doctor's blessing, am riding it right into menopause.
ReplyDeleteThe hormonal swings are never fun to deal with. I have noticed as I've gotten older that they seem to have gotten worse...or maybe it's just that I'm more in tune with what's going on with my body and more aware? I don't know for sure. I actually haven't gotten my cycles back since I'm still bf the baby but I do get "phantom" cycles around the normal TOM. On the topic of bc, I would steer clear only because, why put MORE hormones in your body?
ReplyDeleteThankfully the hungry PMSy yuckies only last a few days. You just have to get through them. Hang tough!
Try beefing up on your iron and protein during PMSy days. It may help slay the hunger beast.
ReplyDeleteI can't stand BC - I've been on them before...To me, the cost is too much, and I don't like what they do to my body. Of course, I was on the seasonique - the kind that gives you only 4 periods a year. Too many things went wrong with that. I am tempted to ask my obgyn for some regular ones when I see her next week b/c my period is EXTREMELY heavy the first few days. I'm not sure though.
This is something you have to sort out. I know our miracle baby is never happening - hubby was "clipped" after #2..so there's no breath holding for me.
With sore breasts - you may want to look at your caffeine intake. It hurts mine. I have to cut my caffeine and also take vitamin E..it has helped some.
Good luck!
Yes, for some it does get worse with age. Even after having a total hysterectomy a little bit of my ovary was left and I was still going through PMS symptoms. And the hunger ... yes, the hunger. It's crazy. I feel for you. Sorry, no suggestions. I decided against the pill too, but I was taking some kind of hormone - but since I'm now going through menopause I can't remember what it was :)
ReplyDeleteHiya - I get the period munchies. I have some safe packaged sized foods for these very occasions...
ReplyDeleteI am on the BC Pill. It helps with my periods because I suffer very low iron. My periods are extremely heavy off it. I'm on a 2nd generation pill. I have no weight gain (actually the one I'm on has more supported evidence with weight loss funny enough). I don't want permanent birth control yet, we're too young. Yet we don't want any more children. (My youngest is only 8mths so lol, yea). I couldn't stand an IUD or anything injected into me, I like the fact that if I choose to stop the BC, I just don't take it. I don't notice any hormonal reactions being on it myself.... I like the theory of no chemicals being in me, I just can't risk it (a baby). If a baby is not something you are preventing, then perhaps find some natural rememdies for PMS.... OR maybe the mini-pill is an option?
It's so hard for me to eat on track when it's TOM!
ReplyDeleteThe Bc pills that I am on says that it diminishes symptoms of pms. I can say that it has been my experience that that is true. With the exception of last month but I think that was because I just took it whenever I wanted to take it and I missed a few days. For the most part I don't get bloated or gain the five lbs i usually gain (or have any signs of pms) if I am good and take it the way I should.
ReplyDeleteI am just fumbling through your blog and love it! I too, need to lose some weight. Started the gym in Jan and have gone religiously. However, eating like CRAZY!!! And it doesn't help this is Valentine's season! Are a few York Peppermint patties really going to hurt??? I am so ill if I don't eat! Are you in Georgia? We live in Griffin. Originally from Brunswick/St Simons but transplanted here!
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work - it's so rewarding to see those numbers decrease.
When you figure it our J, can you fill me in?! :) Tough questions!
ReplyDeleteSince giving up soda, I am not as bloated beforhand and my boobs aren't as sore. I am starving the week before my period. I think I would be 10 lbs lighter if it weren't for that darn week each month.
Since turning 40, my cycles have been a little off. And, sometimes I will have my period only 2 or 3 days (not complaining here!). And lastly, I hate that I have a short fuse the day or two before my period...I just can't hardly help it.
Hey, You get sympathy from me, that's for sure.
ReplyDeletePlease don't smack me through the compu, but I want to say that I think my grumpies have truly improved with exercise & eating better. And I mean that as encouragement. I cut out soda pop too, and I try to eat fairly healthfully. [for the most part. I mean compared to the OLD me, anyway.] Oh and I try to drink a lot of water, & also take vitamins. So take heart, bc I think the longer you keep that up, the better the grumpies will be. I also had some perimenopause symptoms trying to start, and it seemed to make a big diff w/those as well.
I still can get feelings of discouragement, glumness, feeling unloved..ya know, and do experience some pain, but at least exercise & a healthy way of eating does seem to benefit my overall outlook & attitude somewhat.
Keep us posted.
Chrissy