Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Close Call

Yesterday morning, I weighed 181....holy cow, how did I gain 2 pounds overnight? I was trying to figure out what I ate with so much salt? That had to be it, right? Was it the church lunch that the elderly ladies fixed us (roast beef and green beans is all that I had)???? Or, was it the frozen Tyson grilled chicken strips that I wrapped up in lettuce with salad dressing and cranberries????

I thought I drank plenty of water. I tried not to mope all day. But, I have to be honest, it got me down.

THIS IS WHY I SHOULDN'T WEIGHT EVERY DAY!!!!!!!!!!

When will I learn?

Today, I was back down to 179. Whew...

My sister fussed at me. Told me to stick with once weekly weigh-ins. I think I might listen now!

I am also needing some good low point (calorie) snack ideas. I'm tired of yogurt and fruit. Any ideas???

Hoping for a good loss on Friday,
J

6 comments:

  1. That's why I don't weigh in daily. It drives me insane. Up, down, up, down...it works for some, but not for me. I find it depressing, even if I know that just yesterday I weighed 2 lbs. less. Hey J, the sesame oil is really working on my legs and my tattoo looks like new again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you talking about the tyson shortcuts? We love them...it's so quick and easy (hence the name!) We use them for wraps, pizza, soup, etc. Recently a friend told me they are very high in sodium. I just can't see giving them up!
    As far as snacks...I like to take a low fat graham cracker and top it with fat free cool whip...wrap it in foil and freeze it. Later, it's a nice little ice cream sandwiches. I make a lot of them up and freeze them to have on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make a batch of roasted veggies most afternoons. My usual is using frozen skinny green beans to make "green bean fries."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make myself crazy sometimes with the scale too :P As for snacks- homemade hummus and veggies, cottage cheese, hb eggs, almonds (1/4 cup), apple slices w/ almond butter, string cheese....
    (wow, I have way more "favorite" snacks than I realized LOL).
    Have a great week (scale free)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here are some of my favourite low-cal snacks:
    - air popped popcorn
    - steamed edamame
    - carrot sticks & hummus
    - frozen juice box
    - string cheese
    - Ryvita crackers w/Laughing Cow cheese

    ReplyDelete
  6. GOOD LUCK on your run J! I hope you and Cindy have a FANTASTIC weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!