Yesterday, I reached another goal. I was on the treadmill and I ***RAN*** 3 miles.
3 whole miles!!!
People, it was about 7 weeks ago that I would barely run a whole minute! I about burst into tears when I finished that 3 miles....I was so proud of myself.
Now, I have to be honest. There was a moment at minute 23 where I had to slow down and dig deep. I thought about walking a little while, but I didn't. I slowed to a steady jog. Then, when I felt like I caught my breath, I upped my speed again and finished. It felt right and so good.
My 5K race is in a week. I am very confident that I am ready to RUN the race! Yay!
My knees were a little shakey, not quite sore, this morning. So I walked most of my 3 miles today. It didn't feel quite right to run. I really don't want to injure myself this week. Cindy (running partner) might kill me.
I am thinking of taking 2 or 3 days off of running before my race, what do you think? I am so used to running on the treadmill so I know outdoors will be tougher for me. I want to be ready.
On another note, do you think it is possible to wear a sports bra too tight? I like to wear mine SO TIGHT. I can't stand any jiggle. Mine leaves marks on my shoulders. BUT...no jiggle. Is that okay??? It isn't unbearably uncomfortable, but I take it off when I finish. Any thoughts? I hate to buy a new one because I always lose "weight" in that area if you know what I mean. I'd like to wait to spend money on a really good one.
I will also be talking down my running log on my sidebar...not that you care. But I thought I'd explain just in case any of you are keeping tabs on me! ;) It's just too much work. I have to redo the whole thing everytime b/c the format messes up when I go to enter new data (why?). So, I will just try to remember to enter my exercise when I post so I can keep track. But, I also enter it on my Weight Watchers page for my information to enter my points. I figured it was a good time to stop logging on my sidebar since it is race time. I made it. And, I'm not stopping. We are going to keep running races!!! :) I'm hooked.
Anyone have a favorite hoodie/ running jacket they love...that doesn't cost a fortune? I need a tip! :)
Don't forget to exercise!!!
J
Good. For. You. !!!
ReplyDeleteWay to go X 10. You must be so very proud. Way to dig deep. By the way, I rushed out and got the Aquaphor, the Neutrogena oil and the Curel moisterizer and my legs send many thanks! Love the sesame oil.
ReplyDeleteAwesome news J! Do you realize how many people you are inspiring?
ReplyDeleteMy husband takes the 2 days off right before he runs his 1/2 marathon. The day before the race he has some for dinner.
I wear 2 sports bra's b/c I want the girls secure in there. I also buy mine one size under what I really should be wearing...just for extra measure! I'm sure this is all wrong...but if I don't...they tend to be sore the next day.
I love your favorite things! Aquafor is the bomb! I just discovered this winter and having three kiddos it's great for my hands.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the 3 miles. It's back to the gym for me tomorrow after eating an entire celebratory Valentine's red velvet cake....Well, maybe not the entire cake but a lot of it!
I cannot wait to hear about the 5K. Such an inspiration.
And that right there is the beauty of running!!!!! The progress one can make in such a short amount of time is exhilarating. I am so happy for you! Believe it or not, that 3 miles will turn into 5,a and you'll be celebrating again.
ReplyDeleteAre you channelling me???? (Re running 3 miles and wearing tight sports bra... plus becoming incresingly obsessed with funding some cool 'running' clothing)... Get out of my head already lol! GO YOU! WOOT
ReplyDelete