Saturday, February 12, 2011

Favorite Winter Fixers

Winter can be very harsh on the skin and hair...

Here are some of my favorite things to keep me "fixed up!"


I love Aquaphor. I think it is better than Vaseline. Now, it is more expensive, but this stuff works!!!!! I discovered this stuff when my kids were babies. You can put it on your lips, hands, feet, face, anywhere. I buy the tub, tubes, and lip thingy for my purse. My girls even keep it in their backpacks. I put it on their chapped lips at night...healed in the morning. I put it on my feet at night with socks...all better in the morning! It is wonderful for cuticles and dry hands. Miracles...I'm telling you!




I use this Neutrogena Body Oil (unscented) after my shower EVERY day! I put it on and then add lotion. The scented has a sesame fragance, but I use the unscented b/c of my daughter's sensitivity to smells.
This is the lotion I like:


The mixture of the oil plus lotion makes my skin feel so smooth. I shave my legs every day and these two things leave my skin feeling baby soft. My husband loves it! A few years ago, I got some little bumps on the backs of my arms in the winter. My dermatologist said they were from dry skin. That body oil cured me. I even use that body oil on my girls in the winter. It is so mild. You can buy both at Target, Walmart and most drugstores.

TIGI Bed Head Urban Antidotes Re-Energize Shampoo & Conditioner Duo 2 x 750ml
I have recently fallen for this shampoo and conditioner! Now, I know what you're thinking! J, how much is it? Well, the twin pack was on sale for $30. I know, I know! But a little of it goes a LONG way! And, if you add up how much you pay on smaller bottles, it comes close. This is the TIGI Bed Head Urban Antidotes Re-Energize Shampoo and Conditioner # 1. I can tell the biggest difference in my hair. I swear! You can find deals online. My salon has it on sale every now and then, too. It smells SO good too! They have a #2 and #3 for hair that is more damaged (really they have types for all kinds of hair). I color my hair so I'm using #1.


My next item has nothing to do with skin and hair but I need it in the winter...

Tervis Tumbler - Brushed Steel Monogram - Wrap w/Travel Lid - 16 oz
My Tervis Tumbler. I use it for my coffee every morning. It keeps my coffee warm for over an hour. You have to have the lid though. (I don't recommend using the straw with coffee.) After I finish my coffee, I rinse out my cup, and fill it with ice water throughout the day! Wonderful! These tumblers don't sweat or leak, and I'm pretty sure they have a lifetime guarantee. A bonus--they are dishwasher safe! :) I have tons of them that are personalized. You can buy differenct color lids. You can either order on the website, or I've purchased them at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. They are also perfect for boating or laying on a dock!

Well, that's it for now! What are your favorite things for winter?

I'm looking for an inexpensive jacket (with a hood) to run in. Any tips?

Thanks,
J

3 comments:

  1. I love, love, love Neutrogena products, but have never tried this one. It's on my list! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing all your favorites...love this! I have never used any of these...except for the tervis tumbler. My good friend got me one for my birthday (I actually just got it this week!) to encourage me to keep drinking water. I LOVE it!!
    My hair has been so blah this winter...very mousy and lifeless. I am such a cheapo though...I use Sauve b/c I go through a shampoo bottle and a conditioner bottle once a week b/c I have thick hair. Maybe I should buy better stuff that would last longer! I might have to splurge. ( I use Sauve and wonder why my hair looks mousy?!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really enjoyed your post today. I'm always looking for tried and true items and your post couldn't have come at a better time. My legs are so dry these days, so I'm noting down these products and I'm on a mission today to go and $$$. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!