Saturday, February 26, 2011

Recipe Winner

I have a new recipe...that I think I created. I'm sure some of you have made this, too. But, please, let me bask in my glory! :)

It is my husband's newest favorite (and mine too) that I cook. It is simple and easy...and LOW in points. Winner!

Even my daughters will eat it.

Here are the pictures.

I call it...

Mediterranean Zucchini
(I don't know why I named it that...)

1. Start with fresh zucchini. Cut in up into bite size pieces. I use 3-4 zucchinis.
I cook them on medium in 2 tsp. of EVOO. The zucchini is 0 points. The EVOO is 2 points.


2. When those are cooked like I want them (still firm), I add in some cooked tomatoes.
These tomatoes are from my MIL's garden. She cooks them and then cans them.
I found some canned tomatoes (Delmonte) at the store that were 0 points.

3. I cook those until they are bubbly. Then I drain off the excess liquid.
Then, I sprinkle Parmesean Cheese in it and stir.
1/8 of a cup is 1 point. But I doubt I use that much.
4. Then, I sprinkle 1/4 cup of mozarella shredded cheese (2  points). I cover the pan and let it melt.
5. Yum! I know it looks like a lot of cheese, but it is only melted on the top.
The whole pan is 5 points. :)
I usually eat about 1/6 of pan or maybe a bit more.

**************

I have been using these measuring cups/bowls. I bought a scale to weigh my food, but these cups really help me to measure my food and keep track of my points. They stack up so cute!



I hope you make this dish and love it as much as me! :)

J

6 comments:

  1. Cute bowls...I've never seen measuring bowls before...what a good idea! Zucchini is hard for us to find this time of year...but my neighbor always gives me a lot in the summer from her garden...and I always run out of way to make it. I will put this in my recipe folder...it looks really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks super yummy. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love zucchini. This looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that looks deliciousssss ! My mouth is watering now...Thanks for sharing !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the veggie combo too; we make it with onions and mushrooms as well. [And maybe a small amount of cheese occasionally...not usually.]

    Ps, got me some aquaphor, thanks for that tip. :)

    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where did you find those bowls? I usually measure in a measuring cup and then transfew to a bowl so this would be awesome to have!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!