Thursday, February 3, 2011

Shooo FLU

On Tuesday night, I came home and ran. Felt good. Cooked dinner and ate. Then...I went to bed at 7:30. I was SO tired. My back was a tad better. I stretched out really well. I thought I just needed sleep.

Then, I went to school on Wednesday morning. I was still feeling sluggish. By 9:30, I felt like a truck had run over me. By 11:30, I wished to go home. But I couldn't really find a *reason* to leave work. I didn't have a fever, no snot, no puking, ...I just felt awful. By 2:00, I was miserable and would have probably laid down in any bed available if I had found one. I waited for my daughter to finish her guitar lesson, stopped and picked up the other daughter's birthday cake, and came home. I made sure homework was completed (thank goodness Wednesdays are light days), gave them a quickie bath, put the next day's clothes out, and I called my husband and told him to pick up a pizza. I was done.

I literally crawled into bed. My entire body HURT. My joints ached terribly. My eyes burned. I had chills and sharp pains shooting through my arms and legs. Under my arms...whoa, it was the worst! I couldn't get warm enough. I took 4 Advil and finally fell asleep under piles of blankets. I woke up around 1:00 am and prayed that I would be well for today (youngest girl's birthday!). I went back to sleep. I am so thankful my husband took care of feeding and putting girls to bed...I'm not even asking if he made them brush their teeth. I woke up this morning...A NEW WOMAN! Whew...it was gone.

What the heck was that?

The fly-by flu?

Whatever it was...I don't like it and it can just move on. I am so thankful to say I feel tons better. Still a little tired which is hilarious considering how much I have slept in the past two days, but I don't hurt like I did. Thank the Lord.

We had a wonderful birthday celebration!

AND...I weighed 180.8 this morning. BIG NEWS. I feel very confident I will be in the 170's soon!!!! This is the lowest I have weighed in a long time!

I love that I am learning to eat things in moderation and learning *self-control*...that is huge for me! I've always dieted and deprived myself of my favorite foods. That just didn't work for me. I am learning how to eat in a "normal" way for me, and I am thrilled with these results! Who knew!

I wish I had taken more "before" shots to show you. You wouldn't believe the difference in a pair of pants I have. I wore them just after Christmas. They were snug and almost too short b/c of the snugness. I felt like I was pulling on them all day. I even wore a long cardigan to cover my bum b/c I was worried they were too tight in that area. I wore them yesterday...they are so big. Almost too long b/c they are hanging on me. My bum has moved out in those pants (Now, don't get me wrong! I've still got plenty to lose back there...these pants just showed my loss!). I'll have to do better with the camera. ;)

Don't forget to drink lots of water!
J

9 comments:

  1. Congrats, J! You will be seeing the 170s in no time. ANd happy belated bday - you sure know how to celebrate! Hope this flu moves along quickly.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yanno - We've all had a run in with the 1 day fly-by flu last week. I'm glad it only lasted one day, because for that day...each of us were miserable!

    Congrats on doing such a good job, I know you'll hit 170s soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, sounds like you are doing great! (I mean WL wise, not sickness..) Great job, and I enjoyed the pants description. Such a great feeling.
    Hugs,
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're feeling better :)

    Girl, you are going to be in the 170's soon! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope no one else gets the sickies! I have a pair of jeans doing the same...awesome feeling. Keep going strong!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done J!!! AND YES - take heaps of pictures from now on, because seriously, it's a great way to show the journey!!! I'm so glad I have heaps of my blubber back at the start (admitedly, not all shown on here as yet, but alas, I have the evidence haha). As I lose more weight, I'll be way more happy to sharing it ;)

    SICKIES suck!! So glad it was just a fly by. I got sick with low iron and had to wait a few days for my pills to kick in.

    170's - WOOT. YOU CAN DO IT. And I'm SO glad you're figuring out how to do this WITH the treats. THIS is long term! You will be so much better doing this! YAY.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 170's here you come!!! That's awesome J! I liked what Hannah said...this is long term...and you are figuring out how to do it right without depriving yourself. We have been snowed and iced in....(with cake in the house) and I haven't worked out since Monday. I know it's an excuse b/c we have exercise on demand if I really wanted to workout...but haven't. I really would love a treadmill for home.
    Glad you flu was short lived...being sick is the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your great progress:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry you were so sick! ) :
    That is AWESOME about the pants!!!!!
    WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Proud of you!!!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!