I'm close to being able to say (to myself) I've lost 20 pounds. It's funny. Lots of people at work (mostly women work there) have said something to me. Hardly anyone at church (maybe 4 people). ALL of my family. NONE of my husband's family. Now, my husband can definitely tell and he lets me know it. His family- nada. They're another story.
But, I don't *really* care about that (well...my husband's comments I do). I'm really doing this for me. Does that sound selfish? I was tired of feeling the way I felt.
It's funny how this small difference is already changing me. I walk a little taller. Feel better.
I used to be embarrassed that I had let myself go. I knew people thought it was awful that I had lost and gained the weight numerous times. Maybe some of them are waiting for me to repeat my cycle. Heck, let's be honest. I thought it was awful! I was ashamed of me. I wanted to hide and the way I dressed was beginning to show it!
Today, my dress for church fit perfectly. I felt like I looked okay. I still have so far to go, but I felt different. On my way to a *new* me.
I am pretty confident I will not regain the weight this time. I think I have found my key.
When you know better, you do better.
I am aiming for the the 170s this week...wish me luck!
J
I wouldn't worry about others. The important thing is your doing this for you and that's what matters. I think a 20 lb weight loss is truly wonderful, and it shows your dedication and hard work, and that you did NOT give up! Great job! You can do anything you set your mind to and life is just too short to worry about what others think. Awesome job!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful evening!
Blessings,
Jill
I'll wish you luck, but you won't need it with that attitude. It is funny how people are, isn't it? I went from 200 to 120 lbs and there were some members of my extended family that never said one word (jealous, I'd say). I really don't want people fawning all over me, but a compliment on how good you look every once in awhile wouldn't hurt, right? But your husband is the most important and you and he are the only ones that really matter in the big picture. Good for you. I think you look great by the way ;)
ReplyDeleteLuck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. You do not need any luck my friend...you are on your way to the 170's this week...and you know it! It's going to be awesome! Have a fabulous week!!
ReplyDeleteJ- I forget what state you're in?!
ReplyDeleteWell, I wish you 'luck', but I guess I really wish you another good week, and wish you strength. You are doing great. I'm so happy for you & proud of you.
ReplyDeleteI can quite relate to what you are saying about ppl's comments. Seems a little weird that the ppl you & I see every day are commenting, and then the ones we see less frequently; family, (same with you I assume..your dh's fam) has yet to say anything. I just thought it would be MORE noticable to those who seldom see us.
On one hand sometimes I am quite puzzled by the lack of comments from certain groups in my life, but on the other hand I too would be a bit uncomfy from TOO much focus. But, Oh well, ya know? We know that WE feel better about ourselves..
Have a successful week.
Chrissy
Great job!
ReplyDeleteMy in-laws are sort of the same as yours...they would never dare give a compliment to me, but they sing the praises of almost everyone else around them.
When I see it written down in your blog, I can see that the lack of comments from people is so much more about THEM than it is about YOU.
Don't let their issues with themselves diminish your perceptions of your success. Your weight loss is real and it is significant.
I'm glad your husband notices and appreciates your efforts - that IS important.
You're doing it!
You are doing great!
ReplyDeleteI learned long ago that I can't let other people's comments be a barometer for my success. It seems I lost almost 40 pounds before ever having someone (apart from my husband) comment on it. Some notice, some don't. Some comment, others think it's rude/not their place. Just know that you're doing a good thing here. The results will come, whether they're discussed or not.
ReplyDeleteRae
xo
That is great that you're doing this for YOU!
ReplyDeleteWhen I started losing weight, I would usually hear my compliments through the grapevine.