I've been trying *new* foods. Can you believe I have never eaten oatmeal!!! Well, that is until a few days ago.
Ummm, not so much. I did not like it.
I wanted to like it. I know it is a healthy choice for breakfast. I tried adding raisins. Tried cranberries. Tried brown sugar. Tried cinnamon.
Nope. Nope, and Nope!
I think it is the texture. Just couldn't do it.
I'll just stick with the things I enjoy for breakfast, I guess.
Do you like oatmeal???
J
Oh yes, I love to eat oatmeal! My youngest son doesn't care for it or Cream of Wheat, which I also love to eat! He says it's a texture thing too! Hmmm, I just wonder if you'd like oatmeal cookies? Probably not, since you don't like the texture of oatmeal.. They're one of my fave's!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
~Lynn
I only like McDonald's oatmeal...I tried making it at home instant and the on the stove stuff...not so good! If I could only get McD's recipe!
ReplyDeleteHave you tried Cream of Wheat? I hate oatmeal too, but Cream of Wheat seems much more doable. It has zero flavor, so add tons of fruit or something to it.
ReplyDeleteI was never an oatmeal eater myself until recently. SO WEIRD how our palate can change.
ReplyDeleteI have found I prefer old fashioned oats over quick oats. They don't seem as mushy. I heat them in the microwave, I think it is half power for about 4-5 min. I then add our homemade applesauce..it seems kind of like a dessert.
Speaking of dessert, McD oatmeal is good. They add fruit, brown sugar, & a little cream. It's tasty, but too sweet for me, so next time I'll try it w/o the brown sugar.
Keep us posted! Chrissy
I like oatmeal, but I totally agree.. eat the food you LOVE! it's a key to success! :)
ReplyDeleteTry steel cut oats!
ReplyDeleteI have never tried oatmeal before either, but have been meaning to try McDonald's.
ReplyDeleteI never liked oatmeal as a kid, but now I like it because it keeps me so full. Try a few different recipe and as WT says - steel cut oats - before you give up on it though. There are so many mix-ins to make it better - like, what about chocolate protein powder, peanut butter...
ReplyDeleteOatmeal is so good for you! Try other flavors, try it with less water to make it thicker, or try it with more water and make is soupy. I love oatmeal!
ReplyDeleteI tried some for the first time on a backpacking trip. I figured if it was the only thing I took for breakfasts, I'd learn to love it. (silly, I know) It was horrible! I've since tried making it different ways, with no difference. Still not a fan. :-)~
ReplyDelete