Do you get excited when someone leaves you a comment on a post you've written?
I do.
Do you love it when you log on and see you have a new follower?
I do.
One day, I logged on and I had lost a follower. It bothered me. Did I offend this person? Was I annoying? What happened that made him/her leave? I am a pleaser afterall.
I wish I could figure out who my newest follower is (anyone know if there is a way to do this?). I love to try to find new followers on my sidebar and leave them a comment if I am able.
I also LOVE comments!!! I like to know what you think about what I'm saying. I love it when "we" relate to one another. I love to hear about your experiences--what works for you, what doesn't work for you, your advice, your encouragement.
I try to leave comments for those that leave me one, too. Do you do this?
Isn't it awesome how you can feel a connection with a person just through blogging...never having met? People that you look forward to hearing from and reading their blogs.
I love that!
Blogger Friends.
Friends I never would have made if I didn't start this experience.
So, thank you! Thank you for following me and reading my posts. Thank you for responding to me...for making me feel like it matters.
You are helping me!
J
I love it too! For me it is more like a conversation and there are great connections out here. Someone told me the trick to knowing who follows you with the google friends. First you have to follow yourself! (Otherwise it won't work.) Then there is a setting for getting an email with new followers. I wish I'd known that sooner. Do you email new followers? I have not because I felt a big big brotherish. Unless they comment and then I always visit their blogs.
ReplyDeleteI have to admit I love getting comments, followers etc. In fact they usually make me smile like a fool :)
ReplyDeleteI don't however worry if someone unfollows me, that's their choice!
I get excited about comments and followers too :)
ReplyDeleteI love the connections too J! When I started my blog less than a year ago...I was just going to record memories....I had no idea that blogging would turn into so much more for me. I have learned so much from blogging and made friends in the process. Wouldn't it be great if someday we had a big ol' blog weekend cruise or something?! I would love that! And, I very much look forward to your comments!
ReplyDeleteHave you been to Ginny's skinny recipes blog? I just found it yesterday....filled with weight watcher recipes! I didn't get to look too long...but I'm excited to go back and look around.
Haha! We all like comments! Then we aren't just talking to ourselves ;)
ReplyDeleteI used to wonder why someone would unfollow but then once in a while I clean out my following list and say good bye. Usually I stop following because they barely blog, or sometimes if they start doing something (like radical things to lose weight)or if it is always negative (I don't mean just having a bad week)as it just doesn't interest or pertain to me. Now, I don't worry about it if someone leaves.
Have a good day!
Who doesn't like it? It's also nice if you get to be 'friends' with someone with a weight loss blog, you two regularly comment, you know things about them not just what they've written in the last blog post.
ReplyDeleteI don't have a blog (I hope that doesn't make anyone judge me? Disregard me? I'm still welcome, right?) but I do glean a lot from the blogs I read and enjoy. I try to participate & be supportive & I hope the comments that I post are helpful sometimes. I too, feel like I have gained some friends. I've been a blog reader since around 2008, I think.
ReplyDeleteI usually email the blogger & intro myself that way so they have my email if they wish to comment, but I was not able to find that info for you, J. So if you ever want to comment to me, or about my post, just do so in your own comment box here. Lots of bloggers comment that way.
Happy weekend, Chrissy
Would it help if I told you that I was your new follower? :) I have no clue how I even found your blog, but I love it. I have a weight loss blog too (http://www.thfgirl.com). I started off so well last year and then let the ball drop, gained some weight back and struggling to get back on track, so I went in search of others who blogged about their weight. I find it inspiring and motivating to read how others are losing their weight. We're in this journey together. Know that YOU'RE encouraging me. Keep doing what you're doing. You're inspiring me and I'm sure so many others. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteI LOOOVE new followers and comments. I've gotten a little closer with some of my followers than others, and I love it- what a wonderful way to meet like-minded people.
ReplyDeleteI must admit I love my followers and of course the comments because I get such good ideas and support from them. I've read one or two blogs where they say they don't care about their followers or comments (I wonder why they blog publicly then?).
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, I do comment on the blogs that comment on mine...it's only fair (lol). The connection is awesome and I do have my favourites.
I totally know how you feel! I love comments and love my followers, so whenever I see that I've lost one, I do get a little upset. I'm also a people pleaser so I let it get to me, too.
ReplyDeleteI'm the same way. Thanks for all of YOUR great comments, too. You rock!
ReplyDeleteI feel the same. I don't have that many followers compared to other blogs, but by golly, I jump up and down with every new one that occasionally comes my way :D!
ReplyDeletebtw, I posted the recipe for the prawn/shrimp pasta on my blog for you!
http://hannahsreductions.blogspot.com/2011/03/shrimpprawn-creamy-tomato-pasta-daily.html
I love comments and new followers too :o) I feel like other bloggers keep me the most motivated to keep on this weight loss journey!
ReplyDeleteI agree with all of the above. I think that sometimes we feel socially inferior because of appearance, age, or whatever else we have dreamed up. It's liberating to be able to talk with others who share common goals and issues.
ReplyDelete