Saturday, March 5, 2011

My First Slip

I slipped. It was my first slip since I had my restart on Dec. 31. It was a mini-binge I am sad to report.

My husband is out of town. It was a long, difficult week. I put the girls to bed. And, I tried to eat away some stress...and down it with a (get ready...) DIET COKE!!! My first one since Dec. 31. Argh.

My binge consisted of 2 brownies, 1 fried chicken strip, 2 chocolate truffles and a Diet Coke.

This was all around 9 pm. Much too late to be eating!!! Way too many calories!!! Way over my daily points allowance. But, I stayed under my plus points for the week. I've never used those before. ugh....

I knew I would regret it. But I have to be honest --that Diet Coke tasted SO GOOD, you guys! I enjoyed every sip. The food not so much. I knew I was emotional eating. I still ate it.

I woke up this morning disappointed with myself. BUT...ready to move on. I exercised. I've eaten well today. It was a blip on my screen. I forced myself not to weigh....why focus on that slip? I will weigh on Friday because that is my normal weigh in day.


A good night's sleep was much more beneficial to me. I am feeling better. I know better than to try and use food to make me feel better. At least it was minor damage. In the old days, I could've out eaten anyone, I'm sure. Yikes!

In the future, I hope to remember last night and how I felt afterwards. Overeating doesn't help anything! Not how I feel now, not meeting my goals, and it certainly did not take away the stressful problems.

Moving on...

Here's to a good week....

Healthy eats and water drinking!!!
J

5 comments:

  1. Yay, J is normal!! :) And you have learned so much too. Probably in the past, this would have lead to a few days of out of control eating. This was only one evening...a little slip and you got right back on the horse! It was a difficult week for you...I hope you go easy on yourself.
    Question- it's okay not to use the weekly bonus points? I know we're suppossed to make sure we use all of our daily pts...but I can't find it written anywhere where we should always use the weekly ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DIET COKE has no points.
    If you love it so much, why not drink it?
    You have to live life and enjoy it too .... I could NEVER give up Diet Coke!... I would die of dehydration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Considering your week - totally understandable. But that doesn't stop us feeling awful afterwards - which is a great reminder when we feel like doing it again! The diet coke tho - if it tasted good and you like it, why not have it as a weekly treat!? It has no points right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, way to go admitting your emotional eating binge. And second, think of how much you would have binged on had it been say a year ago. Don't beat yourself up too hard. You're back on track today. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. J,

    Thanks for the comment on my blog! To answer your question, I have experienced slower weight loss recently than I did at the beginning. I also have another friend who lost 70 pounds on WW a couple years ago and she said her weight loss slowed down in the middle. She said she was losing a lot during the beginning, then it slowed down in the middle, and picked back up at the end. Hopefully this helps! Glad you got back on track after you binged!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!