Thursday, March 31, 2011

Coming Clean

Here I am...

I need to come clean. I have been on an Emotional Eating Roller Coaster. That's the only way to explain it. I weigh 179. I have held my weigh there...I don't know how, really. It is a miracle of some sort. I have told myself I WILL NOT go back to the 180s but I haven't resumed healthy eats. Well, today I am coming clean with you---my support group.

I have been stressed out. Lots of things. I could list them all, but does it matter??? No. I knew the whole time that I was emotional eating. I knew it. I also knew it wasn't helping. I was just eating to fill some hole up...but I continued to feel stressed. I am ready for my restart.

Here we go.

I hope no one was worried. I know when I used to get frustrated when people would just up and quit blogging for awhile. I would worry about them. I'm sorry. I just was too embarassed to say that I was struggling. Even though I know it happens.

I'm ready to get back on the plan.

J

8 comments:

  1. Glad you're back J! You were on my list yesterday and today (along w/ groceries, laundry, etc.) but I never got around to emailing you. I've been worried you were down. So glad you've been able to stay at 179...that's great. The good news is, it usually only takes a couple of days of doing the right things to start to feel better. I know, b/c I'm on day two of trying to do better. This cold weather is bringing me down...but I am trying to remind myself that there's still 8 wks. before June gets here...plenty of time to make a change. Don't be embarrassed...you're normal. You have motivated and inspired so many of us out here in blogland. You get right back on that horse...you CAN do it! We're all cheering for YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So impressed with you holding in the 170's. Even more impressed with your honesty not only with yourself but your "audience". It's so easy to get in a funk and stay there (I'm working my way out of one now that started back in October and I did gain back 15 pounds). Ugh! You're doing great! Do you have any upcoming "events" planned (get togethers, vacations, etc...)? Use those as your motivation to keep moving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. J, glad you are back and glad you are hitting "re-start" (or maybe just "resume" to start up where you left off?).

    I totally get the emotional eating/knowing it's emotional eating/doing it anyway...stress is a big trigger for me, too.

    I read something yesterday by Karen Koenig (author of several good books about emotional eaters and how to become a normal eater). She said that a key part to all of this is learning how to stretch out our frustration tolerance. I never thought about it in that way! What do you think of that?

    The main thing is that you are back and pushing forward...and so am I...today is April - a brand-new month - and we are officially out of the winter months!

    Don't ever be embarrassed to say that you've been struggling (been there, too)! We're all in this together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I get worried! You should never feel embarrassed to admit you are struggling. Because you know that there are always going to be people struggling right along with you. Or who can relate because they (I) have been there and done that. Use your blog, rather than hiding from it. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone has their own struggles and it’s perfectly normal! For me, I get burnt out from counting calories and eating healthy. When that happens I blog less, read blogs less and overeat to the extreme. Its not in our best interest to revert back into old eating habits, but it happens. You’ve done so amazingly well and you will totally get back to it! You’re definitely going to be awesome with the rest of your weight loss! Keep your chin up, girl! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in the same spot, starting over and coming clean. We can both do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can do this J! We all go through tough spots. But you are back and that is the main thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know how I missed this. But? I'M GLAD YOURE BACK!
    We all have downs. If we didn't, we wouldn't really have ups. You know?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!