I snapped out of my pity party today! Wow, it has been a tough couple of weeks! Sad, busy, overwhelming...lots of family stuff. Helping my mom with her mom. And, I'm PMS...not a good combination!
But guess what.... I weighed 175.2 today! For some reason, I was so happy to see that 5! It made me think that the 160s are close! I'm working hard to get there! I can't wait!
Today, I was telling an overweight woman at work today about Weight Watchers and what it has meant to me.
She commented that she could really tell I was losing weight. She asked, how are you doing it? I answered with Dawne's line "Eating less, and moving more." Then she asked, "But are you using a plan?"
I told her WW.
She said, "oh, I joined but I never tracked my food or logged on." I was torn...should I say "well, you have to do the work to see results" or encourage her try again??? I mean, that was me before now. I always made excuses!
I just told her what had helped me. Logging my daily points. Learning how to measure food...I had no CLUE about portions, discovering moderation (key!), and exercise.
Maybe it helped.
I'm happy with 175.2 today. Hope Friday...is lower.
J
Congrats J! You are so on your way...and doing it right!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the link you sent me, I really appreciate it.
I can't wait to weigh in on Friday! I can't believe how much better I have felt the past 5 days counting points. I love not feeling guilty about what I am eating...I think that might be the best part.
Woo hoo!
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately, I think you could preach to your co-worker about WW till the cows come home, but it probably won't do her any good. Many of us going through this journey know that it doesn't matter what anyone else says... if we're not ready to commit, then nothing will work. I think it's great that you talk to her about WW and your success so far. Hopefully, the light bulb will turn on one day and she'll finally see the light. If you remain supportive now, she'll come to you when she's ready :)
ReplyDeleteOh yeah.... and CONGRATS on your Scale victory!!!
ReplyDeleteYeah you. And you said the right thing to your co-worker and I agree with Karina. This journey that we all have to travel alone.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Karina. This lady hasn't had her "lightbulb" moment yet. That one thing that flips the motivation switch in her brain. I've been there, and remember the exact moment I was ready to stop the excuses and get to work.
ReplyDeleteKeep doing what you're doing. Be positive and be a role model to her. Your success might just be what she needs to see to get her going. :-)
Wooooo hooooo!!! You got 160 in the bag lady!!!! Awesome weigh in!!
ReplyDelete