Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Dumps

Boy, I have spent the past two week down in the dumps. I mean, really down. I think it all started around the time that my grandfather passed, but I just haven't pulled myself back up. I'm really at peace with my grandfather's passing...it was time. I'm not sure what it is. I've been busy, PMS, and a little stressed by other things going on.

I even took a few days off from Weight Watchers. If you have been following me since January, you know this is a first for me! I just didn't have the energy to deal with WW. Why? I can't really tell you.

Friday night, I decided I had had enough! I was reading a few blogs and stumbled upon Keelie's blog, Real Fat. This entry "Waiting for the Upswing" was the perfect thing for me to read that day. I really feel like the Lord led me to this blog! I have been in a downswing...but it is time to put an end to all this nonsense. Time for the upswing!

This is how Keelie defines the upswings and the downswings...

The upswing--everything is going smoothly, the drive is there,
 the effort is there, the planning is there...
to take a term from the book I am reading--
the "want to" is there. You are IN. THE. ZONE.

The downswing-- cravings are in full force,
the couch looks much better than the tennis shoes,
the food prep and planning is not top on the priority list
and the "want to" is kind of asleep...hibernating. BLAH.

Keelie worded it perfectly for me. Being in the upswing is nice, but you have to accept that the downswings will come...BUT the good news is you will come back to the upswings! The time has come to stop MY downswing. Get out of the dumps. I have to defend my hard work as Keelie so eloquently said!

So...I'm back. I did not lose weight this week. No shocker there. But, I am back. I will blog more consistently. I will exercise at least 4 days this week. I will count my points daily! I'm on my way to the 160s for sure!

Go check out Keelie's blog to get inspired. It helped me very much. Thanks, Keelie!

Talk again soon,
J


7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you've been down in the dumps, J. Yes, it happens to the best of us. If everything was just so perfect we'd zoom to our goal weight, wouldn't we? The good thing is that the upswing is just around the corner. Glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm heading to Keelie's blog next. Thanks for your post today. I'm in the downswing too and am making the changes bright and early first thing tomorrow morning (have to finish what I started today with my downswing). LOL! Anyway, thank you for this post. I'm excited that we're both going to be on the upswing again! Look for an email from me soon. I've got a question for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Glad you found that post:) It's really true--the "want to" will always come back if you hang on long enough to see it. I just try not to fall completely off the deep end while I'm waiting.

    You are doing great! Keep it up:)
    Keelie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you've been down...thanks for sharing. I've been down too. Just two weeks ago I was on the upswing...excited about WW. After I weighed in on Friday (lost 2ounces)...I began spiraling out of control and it last through Sunday night. Why is it so hard? I'm glad you are able to get right back on track...you have such a great attitude J. Heading over to check out Keelie's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that outlook - 'upswing/downswing'.... encouraging to think that the downswing will turn. I've also been in a bit of a downswing. I tend to avoid blogging as I have nothing to say (or what i will say is so moaning).... Had a good week away tho and enjoyed eating some foods I'd been restricting (like chocolate and aioli) but I'm ready to see the scale head downwards again. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your grandfather :(

    I go through a funk each and every month. I've learned that I just have to keep my chin up, and work past them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just what I needed to read right now...
    I've been in an upswing mode but feeling the downswing lurking

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!