Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Holy Cow?

Do you eat or drink a lot of dairy?

I don't.

I know I should consume more dairy products. There is some research that says eating dairy helps you lose weight. You know, those ads that say "Got Milk?"...don't they say something like that?  BUT, I just can't get into it.

I like yogurt. That's about it.

I will have skim milk if I eat cereal, but I rarely do. To eat cereal, you actually have to sit down with a bowl to eat it. I just don't have that kind of time in the mornings. Getting all 3 of us out of the house by 6:30 is hard enough without sitting down for a meal! I usually take a yogurt or something to go. (My sweet hubs cuts me up a grapefruit every morning and fixes my coffee...awww. So, I usually eat something to go with my fruit. I'll post about my favorite WW breakfast later.)

Oh, I put a little skim milk in my coffee in the morning, but that is basically it. Does that even count?

Of course, I love cheese! Um, not eating so much of that nowadays...too many points and all. Only in moderation!

What do you think of dairy? Should I make a conscious effort to include more in my diet?

J

8 comments:

  1. I believe milk is for infants and goats ! I am not a fan of milk, I don't go out of my way to drink it. I do enjoy Silk Almond milk though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always hated milk. Growing up, I used to put water on my cereal....how gross is that?! I will use skim milk if I make a smoothie and I will add yogurt to my smoothie too. That's about all the milk I get. I only like cheese if it's melted. So, I'm not a big fan of the dairy group! I probably should take some calcium!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that 177 in your sidebar looks grand!

    Not a big milk fan myself; occasionally I will drink a glass of skim while I eat my cereal, but I don't mix them together. And I don't have cereal too often. (Haha, yeah, weird I guess.)

    I eat yogurt..cheese..once in awhile ice cream..At least their is calcium & vitamin D in my multi. I do eat a lot of spinach..

    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read that low fat dairy helps with weight loss. I eat a lot of cheese and put some milk in my tea. I have an occasional yogurt. That's about it for me. Don't ever drink milk but will also use it on cereal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Sweet Pea...cows milk is good for baby cows. I very, very rarely have ANY dairy products and my physical came back with flying colors (I also don't eat meat and I am not lacking in iron or protein, thank you).

    I've always disliked dairy and happily get my calcium from spinach, kale, collards, flax seed, and a variety of other foods. I eat the "rainbow"...making sure I get all the vitamins and minerals I need from plant based foods.

    I think the 'idea' that dairy helps with weight loss is that people use it to feel full and therefore eat less...kinda like drinking a big glass of water before you eat your meal. I haven't read anything that milk has anything special in it that causes weight loss.

    Oh, BTW, the Dairy Council pays for those ads!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a big fan of milk either, but I like cheese and yogurt - like you. Nutrition is so confusing because who can you believe...certainly not the advertisers, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read lots of articles talking about how drinking milk is bad for you. I do drink it occasionally, but I try to keep it in moderation. I usually substitute it with almond milk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could drink and eat all my daily and weekly points in just dairy if I let myself!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!