I've got this lower back pain. It's been hurting me for about a week, but the past few days it has been getting worse at night. It seems as the sun goes down, the pain intensifies to under my shoulder blades. Last night, I was almost in tears. I slept on the heating pad, and that helped a bit. I took Advil today to get some relief. I'm not sure what I've done. The shoulder blade pain seems worse about an hour after I run. I'm taking tonight off from running since I've had two good runs the past two days.
Maybe I should start alternating days with my runs. Taking more days off??? I've also been suffering with leg cramps in the middle of the night. Do you think that shoulder blade pain is stress?
Anyone have any advice here????
****On a side note, I had a WONDERFUL anniversary weekend. We had the "honeymoon" package while we were away. Cute, huh! And, the best part of all...I indulged just the right amount on my food choices. I didn't gain any weight. This morning, I weighed exactly the same as I did at my last weigh in. I am so proud of myself. Ieven had dessert and bread, but I tried to make delicious and HEALTHY decisions. That's what I am loving about Weight Watchers. I am learning how to enjoy those types of foods in MODERATION. A word that did not exist in my vocabulary in my past. I would either eat it all or deprive myself. I'm learning how to eat normally. This is working for ME, and I am so thankful! I don't expect a huge loss this week due to all the celebrating (my daughter's b-day is also this week), but I am happy to maintain. Thanks for all the well-wishes! You guys are the best!
J
Moderation...what a nice word. I love those little honeymoon packages. How fun.
ReplyDeleteSorry that your back is so sore. I don't have any advice, but I do know that soreness is your body's way to say slow down, something is wrong. It has to hit some of us harder than others because some people have such a high threshold for tolerance. Feel well soon. Yeah WW.
How are you warming up and cooling down from your runs? My muscles were tensing up on me a lot before I started warming up and cooling down properly. I do a lot of stretching...it has helped a lot. When my back tenses up after a run, a good sun salutation yoga pose helps loosen me up.
ReplyDeleteI believe in moderation 100%! Skinny people practice it all the time!
ReplyDeleteI get shoulder pain from running quite often,especially if I over do it. Do you soak in Epsom salts after your run? I found that to really help with the aches and pains. I would alternate run days, with a walk in between the days and see if that helps.
Sounds like you need a couple of days off.
ReplyDeleteI sometimes take a couple ibuprofen before I run...if I am still sore from running the day before.
I'm glad you were able to indulge some on your weekend...and make healthy choices too. You have got it goin on!
Magnesium---will aide in the decrease of the leg cramps.
ReplyDeleteAs for the other pain - talk to your doctor it could be any variety of things and considering how long it has been going on it is time to talk to a professional.
Omw, I'm so proud of you! You were 'conscious' even on a getaway!
ReplyDeleteGreat going J, this is Steeler. Oh, stellar. Super proud.
Chrissy
Yeah for that second part. Ouch for the first part. I wish I had advice for you. I hope you feel better soon and figure out what is causing it.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had fun on your Second Honeymoon! :) Hope your back feels better soon!
ReplyDeleteI love it when we go away for the weekend and I still stick to my plan (somewhat) - makes me feel like this is part of my life and not just a diet.
ReplyDeleteMore bananas for the leg cramps. I'm a massage therapist trained especially for athletes. The shoulder pain is probably a trigger point. If it feels better or has that 'hurts so good' feeling when someone presses onto that spot, I guarantee you that's what it is. Maybe a post-sport massage is something you deserve??
ReplyDelete