Friday, January 14, 2011

Favorite Finds Friday!

My bloggy friend Kerri has a great idea.

Favorite Finds Friday!!!!!!!

Kerri's blog is The Pleasures of My Life. And it is wonderfully awesome! You have to check it out. I feel a kinship with her. I'm sure we would be terrific friends if we were neighbors or something. Anyway, her idea is that we all (bloggers) share things we have found that we like.

This is what Kerri said...

Wouldn't it be fun to see what other people are buying and enjoying?!
I love when other bloggers recommend things they have tried and loved.


I completely agree with her. Don't you?

Here are my newest

Favorite Finds

My first two go together...



I really like Clinique's line of Even Better moisturizer and dark spot corrector. It is supposed to even out your skin. Now, I don't have really bad spots. But I developed a new sun spot (I guess) on the outer corner of my cheek this year. I think the corrector has definitely helped! And, I *really* like the moisturizer. If feels so good. The stuff is expensive for me. I asked for it for my birthday/Christmas presents from my mom. :) I am not sure if I can spoil myself like this...we'll see.




These are my *new* running shoes. Asics Gel Nimbus 12. They are fabulous. They were rated #1 in my Fitness Magazine for Women "neutral runners"....I guess that's what I am??? They were a bit of a splurge for me. However, I saved about $35 dollars with online deals and free shipping. You just have to search. I have discovered that if you are serious about running, you don't want to skimp on gear for the feet. Taking care of those babies is key! I don't regret the purchase at all. I got dark shoes for the winter running. Who knows what I'm talking about? I just thought it sounded good, and a little stylish...?



These are my new running pants, but they are actually Old Navy Yoga Pants. I got them on sale for $15. I bought the XL because they are meant to be skin tight, but I'm not a big fan of skin tight. I try not to show off my cellulite (I don't want to make anyone jealous w/ how much of it I have), if you know what I mean. These are just tight enough not to rub me when I run. My husband thinks they are pretty cute, too. ;) And, I think they look good with my new shoes! I probably wouldn't wear them out in public...too self-conscious, but my husband says it would perfectly fine if I wanted to. I'm not sure if he is just being nice. I'll ask my sister next time she visits.


I am sure Baby Spinach is not new to many of you. But, I have just discovered it. AND I LOVE IT. I may have traded my Diet Coke addiction for Baby Spinach. I have been putting it in wraps, salads, and smoothies. And, bonus...I have even gotten my kids to eat it. You can't really taste it when you mix it in--I promise. Green fruit smoothies just taste fruity not spinachy! We had grilled chicken, onion, spinach fajitas. Turkey/spinach, cranberry on whole wheat wraps! YUM! Delicious!




This is my new favorite breakfast to make. You can guess...it is with BABY SPINACH. I scrambled 2 eggs (1 with only whites). Mixed in a little mozella cheese. Broke up one piece of turkey bacon. Mixed in a handful of spinach until it was all hot in the pan. Put it on a whole wheat wrap. Both of my girls LOVED it, too. My youngest is very picky and won't even touch most vegetables. Once I promised her it wasn't lettuce (well, it's not), she took her first bite. She likes it!!!! We are loving this! A half of the wrap is perfect for me (with a grapefruit), and the other half for one daughter. My husband eats a whole plus another half. :)

I hope you join me and Kerri on the Favorite Finds Friday!!!

J

7 comments:

  1. I sure enjoyed your F3! (Favorite Finds Friday, ppl)

    Me love baby (prewashed!) spinach too! I added it to my life somewhere along my journey to health, WL, & fitness too. Darn good trade if you swapped DC for spinach! Your brekkie burrito sounds delightful, and I love that your dd eats it just fine. :) I now buy egg whites (a store brand) in a carton. No additives, just egg whites. Just thought I would mention since you said 1 egg you just used the whites.

    All your other finds were interesting as well. I have a sample from Clinique for that skin tone corrector, haven't tried it. Their products are wonderful, and they will allow you to return any products you don't like. That makes the expense a little less scarey. You may also want to try to purchase during their Bonus Time GWP when they give out a bag of sample products with a certain dollar amount purchase. Oh, and if you want to receive their emails, they will notify you of special online deals as well, and sometimes it's free ship, or free samples. I also recommned you have a consultant apply your makeup at the counter sometime. It's fun and informative, but will probably cause your bday/Christmas wish list to grow. :) HTH
    (ps excuse me if I sound like I work for a certain cosmetic company! ha Not the case, just a really big fan and 'user' for most of my life! ha)
    Super weekend to you! Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading about the things you love :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. J- you are so SWEET! I feel the same way...so glad to know you! So weird, I have the exact same pair of Asics gel in blue! My husband talked me into them b/c he loves his (but he has feet/ankle problems)....I couldn't justify getting them for myself...and then found them at one of our outlets.
    I have never been one to clean and cleanse and take care of my skin. But, since turning 40 this year...I feel my skin could use some help! I have always had dark circles...I wonder if that cream would help?! I'm not one to spend money on myself either...but my husband remind me that I'm trying to take better care of myself..and we derserve little treats (non food!) to help keep us going!
    Great finds...we should do this again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, fun! I like Clinique moisturizers and have an ugly age spot so will check that out. My latest is the coconut chocolate tea from Republic of Tea. Yum

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in on this! Fab idea. This one I'll post on my weightless blog and not my other one, think it's too confusing for my weightless buddies to find my other blog posts lol,

    Oh - I answered your question re pita pickets over on the post, but then realized I never said how I cooked it. I heated the oil in a frypan and sauted the onion, garlic and shrimp/prawn. Then when that was cooked I piled on tomato puree on the pita, then prawn/onion mix and then cheese. Baked in oven at 360 for about 15mins. Check on it and Gage. Once done I sprinkled with chilliflakes and basil and gave a BBQ sauce swirl. Voila!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and I also only discovered baby spinach 2 months ago. LOVE. How I've gone thru life not knowing about it is anyones guess. I use a whole bag instead of lettuce and add Cajun chicken breast chunks, tomato, onion, Parma cheese and scoff the lot! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!