Saturday, January 8, 2011

Needing some Zzzzz's

Okay, here's the weird thing. I've been exercising EVERY day. I am Diet Coke FREE since Dec. 31. I only drink water. I'm eating healthier than I have in a very LONG time.

BUT...I cannot sleep!!!! I toss and turn. I never feel completely "out." I wake up about 1 am every night and lay there awhile. Is it because I am sore? Is it because I have gone back to work and I'm feeling stress?  Is is because I have to tinkle due to all the water I'm drinking? What is it????

I'm really not sure about the cause, to be honest.

I finally took 2 Simply Sleep pills (by Tylenol) the other night just to get some rest. Anybody got any ideas???

In other news, I am dying to see what I weigh. If my scale weren't broken, I would have caved and broken my 21 day rule. Cindy made me promise to wait to weigh until Jan. 21, but I am so eager to find out if all this is working. Well, I know it is working a little, my pants tell me that much. But, I want to see how well it is it working.

Also, the Diet Coke cravings are getting so much better...finally! :)

Now, on the running. My knees are sore. I may start running/walking every other day and do a video on the in between days. Use different muscles, you know. My knees are probably thinking "you want us to run with all the weight???" I like sore muscles...sore knees are another factor. I have also started a little handweight program of my own for my jiggly arms. Aren't you proud of me? I hope to be ready for sleeveless top weather!!! :)

I have also been counting calories. I have to be *really* honest with you friends. This totally gets on my nerves. I think I can look at portion sizes and control my diet. So far, I have been doing that and basically  I stay under my calorie limit EVERY DAY. So, what is the point of trying to write it all down? What are your opinions of portion control and making good, healthy choices??? Be honest with me!

Have a great Saturday!
J

3 comments:

  1. I find that if I write it down, I think twice. There are so many things that "sneak" in when I don't journal my food. I think everyone probably does that to a point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH GIRL! I know all about the not sleeping! UGH! I had to get sleep pills from the Dr. It's just awful to layyyyyy there!
    You are doing awesome! I am off the diet coke as well. And have been hitting the green tea hard! As well as lots of water. I have been on that treadmill every day and starting Tuesday I will be starting Zumba! 2011 is our year!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wondering what time of the day you are exercising. If I workout in the evening, (which I rarely do) I have trouble sleeping. Maybe you just have TONS of energy from doing so well with your diet and exercise?! ;)
    I'm cheering you on J....keep it up...you're doing GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!