Friday, January 21, 2011

21 Days...

My post has 3 points (sorry to bore you...feel free to skip parts!):

1. Okay...first things first.

Today was my weigh in day. It has been 21 days of no scale. 21 days of making new healthy habits. 21 days without Diet Coke. 21 Days of becoming a runner. Now before I tell you my results, let me start by saying that the hard part about today was that I don't really know my starting weight because my scale was broken. I hadn't counted on that part of it. :( But I know I was somewhere between 190-194. I hate typing that.

Today, I was 184!!!!!!!!!!! I am very happy about that!!! I am going to make Fridays my weigh in days. I think it will be good for me. So, I am not totally sure exactly how much I have lost, but I guess that part doesn't matter. I know where I am heading. That is down on the scale!

I feel so much better too. I am starting to get compliments. I know it is vain, but it feels so good that people can tell.

I think drinking water has helped my skin so much. I don't look as bloated, and I don't feel so dry. I think my hair is even healthier. Why did I wait so long to ditch the Diet Coke?


2.In response to my previous post...
I think I hit a nerve with some of you. It did me too. It has taken me a couple of days, but my husband pointed out that weight is personal. It is their choice how to handle their bodies. The sister who just had a baby...I get her position. The sister who is SO fit...I don't understand it, but maybe I don't need to. She's been through a lot this year. Maybe she wanted to do something with the other two of us? She definitely doesn't take WW as serious as we do. They both blew through their points at dinner last night like it was no big deal. And you know what, it wasn't. That's the beauty of it for them. It is not a big deal to them. I am now at a place where I can just laugh at my skinny WW sisters. I think I was most upset about it because if they thought they needed WW, what must they think of me? I had turned their choices about themselves into something about me...

Many of you were right. This is my journey. I am on a good path right now. I don't want to focus on negative. You know who were my three biggest cheerleaders today? My husband and my sisters. (I'm sure my mom would have too if she had known.) I know they know they are fine in the weight department. Maybe they are just tweaking a few things. I can't worry about it...that I do know.

Leah, to answer your question---I asked the skinniest sister the same question you did!!! I couldn't believe WW even allowed her to register. (We are doing this online.) I figured she didn't have enough weight to lose to join. Now, it wouldn't let her set her goal as low as she wanted it. But she swears, she has 10 pounds to lose and it let her join! I don't know. She doesn't look like it to me. Anyone in a size 4 shouldn't have 10 pounds to lose in my opinion. But, I do think our sizes are messed up nowadays. Can a size 00 even exist? The lady across the hall at work wears that!

I'm just going to worry about my weight loss. That's a hard enough job!

3. WW...
I am well aware that I am on a diet. But this is different than anything I have ever done before. I have been on liquid diets, low-carb diets, etc. etc. etc. What I like about WW is that I am learning that I don't have to eliminate "things" from my diet to lose weight. Tonight, I enjoyed pizza with my family. I added up the points and planned my day around it. I have been exercising daily, too. I have one day off a week, but I know days will come when I can't do it and that's okay. I am learning that I can enjoy all types of foods and still lose weight. Now, the diet part is that I am counting points and having to stay under a number. But, I know with time, I will learn to do this naturally. I am retraining my brain, I think. Before, I felt like I had to eat everything I could see before I started a diet. Then, the deprivation would begin until I couldn't stand it any longer. Now, I know one day at a time. I can have something today. Another day will come for another treat. I don't have to eat the whole kit and kaboodle today. 

The two weeks when I was "dieting" before WW (when the scale was broken), I thought I was eating so well. Now, looking back and judging by the points, I was really overeating. I don't think I knew enough about food. I thought I did, but no. I am learning so much.

It is so important to find what clicks for you. Each of us are different and respond to different things. I am thankful that this is working for me. I hope I continue to experience success. It has been a great week. :)
Thanks for cheering me on.

Hip, hip, hooray!

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the weight loss. And DON'T feel vain. Everyone loves to get compliments on their appearance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for you! And I just keep hearing more and more good things from people on the new WW plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I am super proud of you for doing so great! For me when I start getting compliments that is what makes me focus because it makes me feel better about myself. So I don't call it vain I call it rewarding.
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In your sister's defense, I do wear some 2s and 4s and just recently lost 8 pounds I had picked up over the holidays. I could wear those clothes then, but now they fit better. I'm 5 foot 4 inches and weigh around 125. Even 120 (when I've been running alot) is a healthy weight.
    The jeans are very much vanity sized I think.

    You are doing great. I love Weight Watchers. GREAT program that helped me lose 50 pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been waiting for you to post today! Congratulations!! I think you finally found your plan! I think WW definately makes you aware of portion sizes. I use to have the old WW materials...never went to meetings but knew how to count points. But now since they changed the plan...I have no clue!
    I love your attitude about your sisters and their journey...your husband is a smart man! Don't you hate it when they're right?! :)
    I finally weighed in this morning....I lost 5 lbs since the 1st of the month. I'm really happy with that. My husband has lost 14! It's so nice to be working on healthy when you have someone to do it with.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm cheering right along with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! Keep going strong...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a great attitude! I'm glad you can see the positive side of things and simply keep going. Great job!

    Oh, and great job on the loss...I saw that first. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with your second point :) I too have to bite my tongue so often!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!