Monday, January 3, 2011
Friend Makin' Monday
I can't think of a better way to start off the new year than by making new bloggy friends. So, I am taking part in ShrinkingKenz's Friend Makin' Monday Fun!!! Go check out her blog. She's pretty awesome. You can link up with her, too, if you want to play along.
Her question of the day is:
How did you celebrate the new year? Details, please!
Well, I am very boring. So you can skip to the short update at the bottom if you want! Really. I admit it. Boring! I would say that our celebrations actually started on the 31st with my family in the mountains. We ate, watched football and movies and --of course just had lots of fun with family. Then we drove home. We spent the night at home. The girls actually fell asleep before midnight. But my husband and I (I've got to come up with a good blog name for him) stayed up. We live out in the country so our neighbors were celebrating with a mix of fireworks and shotguns...no kidding! It's interesting. We have a very good mix down here.
On the first, we had lunch with some other relatives. Watched more football. AND, we cleaned out the house. We had bags of Christmas trash, BAGS and BAGS to donate to those less fortunate. It is a little embarrassing really. We tried to get rid of things we haven't worn or played with in a long time.
On Sunday, we went for our last celebratory meal. (Thank goodness, at this point, we are almost all tired of eating!) We had a wonderful church service and a nice afternoon. We go back to school tomorrow. Although I look forward to getting back to a routine, I am a bit sad about saying goodbye to being a temporary stay-at-home-mom. It was a fabulous two weeks!
___________________________________
On the diet/lifestyle front, things are going well! I haven't had a diet coke, can you believe it!!! (Kerri---thanks for your comment. I was thinking about you and your Mtn. Dews! :) Good luck to you! ) I am still running/walking, and I am still very sore! Ouch! So far, so good. Cindy is doing well, too! :)
Have a good day!
J
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds like a nice New Year's!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good New Year's to me too! Mine might even be a tad more boring than yours! Is that a new quote on your sidebar? I don't remember seeing that before....and I LIKE IT!
ReplyDeleteMine was quite boring too. I tend to like that. :)
ReplyDeleteI like a nice, mellow new years personally. :)
ReplyDeleteBoring isnt bad! Me and the hubs stayed home and our neighbors had fireworks too. hehe. Thanks for your comments over on my blog. They are so appreciated.
ReplyDeleteJennifer