We had family down to our house for the weekend...so you know what that means. Lots of food!!!! And fun! I spent hundreds at the grocery store and cooked my tail off, so I guess I figured I had to partake a bit. I didn't do horrible, but didn't do awesome either. Just medium! I"ll settle for that I guess.
I made homemade BBQ sandwiches on Friday. (Huge chuck roast in the crock pot... add a little water and a beef boullion cube if you want, cooks ALL DAY LONG. Take it out, drain water, remove any fat, shred it, and add your fave BBQ sauce. We ate it on buns.) I HAD to have one!!!! I also made homemade peanut butter chip cookies...okay--I had 3 in 2 days. I could not resist. Oh, and one last recipe I'll share that is so easy but everyone will rave over...the sausage breakfast. 1 pound of sausage (any flavor you like...I'm an original mild girl, but whatever floats your boat.) Scramble until cooked, drain grease. Add a package 8oz. of cream cheese. Mix until melted well. Put crescent rolls spread out flat in the bottom of a casserole dish. Put sausage mixture on top. Put another thing of crescent rolls out flat to cover the top. Bake as directed on rolls until browned. YUMMY! (My little kids even love this!) I had some of that, too, with scrambled eggs, and fresh fruit. At least I had the fruit, right? So...I fell into the pit this weekend, but I didn't get stuck.
Back on track tomorrow.
I am counting swimming and wakeboarding as exercise. Those of you who have wakeboarded know this counts!!!!! I also used my lifevest as little as possible so that I could really count the swimming. I had to tread water or swim...it's too deep to stand at our dock.
Hope you are having a fabulous weekend.
Night!
J
3 cookies in 2 days doesn't seem that extreme! At least it wasn't a binge, which I could do with peanut butter cookies! I say, well done!
ReplyDeleteOMG - my visits to my mom's lake house this summer killed me! What is it with lake houses and food?
ReplyDeleteyou know what I love about this post? The fact that you are aware of what you are eating. think of years past where you vacationed and ate and ate with no thought to how much you were eating. That is progress my friend, and i am proud of you .
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment! I am trying to figure out how to do the classes on line or on the phone. I will figure it out though!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin
The food sounds so tasty! I would have eaten a bit extra too. Glad you enjoyed the time and good for you to be back on track.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I really think that you could do the 50 in 6 months, but everyone is different. I will possibly hit that exact goal in two weeks and I have been stagnant for quite a while. Slow and steady can absolutely get you there.