I feel like I got the train a-moving this morning. I was up at 4:45 (meant to get up at 4:30 but just couldn't). I ran/walked for 45 minutes. It felt so good to get that out of the way, and it was a GREAT stress reliever. I think it also helped me stay on track with my eating today, too. I didn't want to waste the workout so I ate well ALL DAY LONG! I was really hungry before dinner but made do with some wheat thins and slices of tomato with a glass of water.
It is 104 here in the afternoons! So hot! It is really too hot to eat very much around lunch anyway!
My stress level has taken a turn up. My sis is going through a really nasty divorce. (Jae, you would relate...although, she's getting out a lot earlier than you.) It is hard on the whole family. She kept secrets from us for so long. We had no idea the nightmare she was living. They had their first courtdate last week. They have one child. The judge pretty much read him the riot act and told him to get counseling and grow up! However, he thinks he knows everything and doesn't listen to one thing. He left some threatening messages and emails for my sis...she doesn't take it seriously. Maybe I watch too much 20/20, but it just scares the heck out of me. This is the first divorce in our family. We really don't know how to guide her. I'm trying to realize it is not MY divorce. I'm trying to tell myself to just listen and pray for her. It's so hard. I'm the big sister, she's the baby...there's one in the middle. Anyway...
Sorry for the downer...just venting
Have a great day. Wish me luck in the morning!
J
That is early! Good for you:) And I think the blog is a perfect place for a needed vent. Much better than turning to food for stress relief.
ReplyDeleteAren't you an early bird! I'd love to start my day with a workout, but I'm up at 5am on a normal day and just couldn't stomach getting up any earlier, ha! Hope all goes as smoothly as possible for your sister. She's lucky to have you by her side during this difficult time.
ReplyDeleteRae
xo
Wow .. yay you for getting up early and getting that workout out the way. I waited until 7:30 and it was already hot! I will keep your sister in my prayers. I agree with Rae, she is so fortunate to have you by her side.
ReplyDeleteLucy
I admire you for getting up so early! Great job with your eating. The afternoons are always hard for me, too.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear about your sister. It is always hard when someone you love is hurting. Just remember not to internalize it too much. Your sister will need you to be strong for her and you need to be strong for yourself.
Hugs.
That's awesome that you got out that early!!
ReplyDeleteI'll be praying for your sister. That must be pretty rough.
J, my heart aches for all of you. Realistically, I know the divorce was hard on me, but my family came a close second having to watch me go through it. It was so hard telling them the truth of who ExJerk really was. I'm glad she has you. And yes, listen to her, pray with her, she will draw strength from you. My sisters (I have two, I'm the big sis) pulled me into a life worth living...well, them. And God. :)
ReplyDeletePraying she finds the peace and tranquility she hasn't had for a long time.
Starting my day off with exercise always puts a better spin on the day. Way to go...
ReplyDeleteWay to go early riser :) Hope things get better for your sis.
ReplyDeleteFirst, glad to hear getting back to school has gone smoothly for you and you're figuring out when to exercise AND have a partner at school to chat with about your de-hate journey. I'm also a parent who likes to tell teachers when they are awesome. Never though about letting the superintendent know, so I might do that as well from now on. I substitute and think every parent should once or twice just to learn what the job is like for the teachers. :) Sounds like your year is off to an awesome start!
ReplyDeleteSecond, I'm so sorry for your sister. I have not been through a divorce close to me, but I've seen some and they can be awful. I hope it all goes through quickly for her, so she can go on with her life. You're a blessing to her, I'm sure, just by being there.
And finally, good for you for seeing where you are and not giving up on your health just because you had some stressful days getting ready for school and then long days getting back into working full time. You are learning lots about yourself and it's all going to help you reach your goals!
Have a great week!
I'm glad you're able to get up and get moving! That will make the day much easier to deal with - hopefully.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry about your family. I experienced the same thing with my sister (who is also the baby of three) and it was difficult. But it sounds like this is the best thing for her. I will keep your family in my my prayers as divorce is NEVER easy - not matter how much it may need to happen.
great job on your run/walk
ReplyDeleteI feel sorry for your sister... I went through a divorce years ago... and had 4 children ... but luckily I met Stew and we now have 8 children!
ReplyDeleteI hope your sister finds happiness again one day.