There was a little boy who was always out in the woods. He loved the woods because they made him happy; however, he was scared to death of snakes. It seemed as if he always found at least one or two snakes when he was trying to enjoy the woods. He asked his mother, "How come I find so many snakes?" She answered, "Because you are always looking for them."
This story was part of our Sunday School lesson last week. You will find what you are always looking for...good or bad. If you start your day in a foul mood, looking for what is wrong in your life, well...you are probably going to have a rotten day. BUT, never fear. The opposite is true, too. If you are looking for your blessings and the happy things in life, guess what you will find! Positive things...and feel more blessed because of it.
My mother says...You are as happy as you want to be. To a certain extent, I believe this to be true. There are always exceptions to every rule, though, right?
Everyone has a bad day every now and then. I want to stop focusing on big thighs, jiggly triceps, and an x-large behind (etc) and being so busy (a.k.a. tired). I am so blessed. I know it. I need to live it every day!
You are among my blessings. Thank you for your support and encouragement.
Don't look for snakes!
J
Great post! Great lesson!
ReplyDeleteAre you working on your blog right now?! One minute I see black birds and then next minute I owls!! Maybe I'm just tired and need to get off the computer!
ReplyDeleteLove your post...oh so true!
This is such a good post. It never fails that the first thoughts that creep into my head can set the tone for the whole day. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!
ReplyDeleteRae
xo
it isn't to late, I have registered you and it starts September 1st, welcome aboard, it's going to be great!
ReplyDeleteSo by that logic, are we as fat as we want to be? Maybe so!!
ReplyDeleteCheers,
Missa
LosingEthel
Sorry I have missed you - you have been added ;-)
ReplyDeleteI totally agree!
ReplyDelete