Monday, August 30, 2010

Hip, hip, hooray!

Guess who had a small victory today? Yep, me!

I got up this morning, had a healthy breakfast...feeling good about my week. Last night, I spent at least 3 hours (not kidding) grading papers. I was all caught up for this week. I'm heading into a LONG weekend (no school on Labor Day). Had a fabulous morning and then, the stress HIT. I had meetings after school, a student who can't stop crying for no reasons, and blah blah blah.

Well, my own kids have  a snack every day in my room after school. The Little Bit broke out her Fritos, the Elder had Cool Ranch Doritos. I, being overwhelmed in the moment, starting planning my snack in my head. Yep, it involved a drive through. My closet eater (I didn't want to eat in front of my teammates b/c I've told them I'm trying to make better choices) came out! Oh, I was excited. I could practically taste the salty fries...

Then, on the way home...something miraculous happened. I talked myself out of the binge. Yes. I. Sure. Did.

Can you believe that? AND...get ready for it...I came on home and worked out for 45 minutes on the treadmill and with hand weights. Yes, I know. I'm patting myself on the back. But, this is big time for me. I showed some resistance. Will power. Whatever you want to call it. I did not eat the bad stuff! Hip, hip, hooray!

My choices today:
Breakfast: yogurt/fruit smoothie with skim milk, coffee at work no sugar
Snack: cheese and grapes
Lunch: hamburger patty, broccoli, and salad
EXERCISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dinner: Chef Salad

Lots of water, one diet coke so far :)

Resist,
J

By the way, I am doing Syl's challenge for 30 days. You can read about it here. We are committing to do the Shred for 30 days. OR just exercise for 30 days. Join us if you dare! Just thinking about it has made me sore!

6 comments:

  1. That is SO GREAT! Once you talk yourself into going off your diet, it's SO HARD to talk yourself out of it! High 5 to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Good for you for making the choice to skip the drive thru! That's hard to do especially when you're stressed. Wooohoooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaaay! Small victories are really such much more than small! It changed your whole day and kept you on track for tomorrow, and the next day, and the day after that!!! Yaaay!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hip, hip hooray is right! Great job! I have totally been there, planning out unhealthy snacks myself. You worked through it and even worked out! Enjoy your long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yaaaa! All those small victories are going to add up - just wait and see! Are you doing the 30 Day Shred challenge or the '20minutes per day' challenge? I'm going to be doing the Shred and I'm already nervous about it. Looking forward to encouraging you through it!
    Rae
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah you! Those victories are my favorite! The ones you do all by yourself. I shared one just this week! Thanks for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!