So...I've made a lofty goal. 50 pounds in 6 months. Check out my friend 266's video presentation. She lost 100 pounds in a year. This video is SO POWERFUL. I think I can do half that, do you? I love reading 266's meals and exercise for the day. She doesn't seem to have done anything extreme. I am in awe of her. She is very open and honest about ups and downs. She has inspired me, and I needed it!
I've also been motivated to run again by Jae and Barbara. I'm trying. Sometimes I am so tired or my feet hurt. It is easy to make excuses. I am going to try and force myself to persevere.
That would be 50 pounds by Feb. 18. What do you think??? My 10 year anniversary is just before that. I would be so excited to feel good for that event. I've been really down the past 2 days. Feeling like a failure. No need for a pep talk...just a bit of a pity party for myself. But I have no excuses. I have been very good in the morning, lunch, and even snacks...it is the late afternoon that KILLS me. I make horrible choices. I know it. I need to plan for it. I love the saying...When you know better, you do better! Well, I'm going to do better.
So, I'll be back on tomorrow. I've written in down now in this blog. Now, I have to do it, right? Give me your thoughts.
Today I ate:
Breakfast: Yogurt, banana
Snack: grapes
Lunch: spinach leaves, lowfat ranch, a piece of roast beef (I eat in the cafeteria.), 1 cookie
Dinner: chicken breast, steamed carrots, whole-grain rice
Exercise
2 diet cokes and water all day
Walked/ran 3 miles this morning
Hang in there,
J
PS--welcome back to my pretty friend, Kristin!!!!!!!!!!
***Wanted to add...I will not be trying any of those diets that I wrote about in my earlier post "Peer Pressure." I reallized that I have tried and succeeded in diets before. I am changing my life here. We'll see how it goes. I don't have to be perfect. All of your advice was right on. Thanks for keeping me in line.
I think the goals are great. It is a lot of weight, but very realistic with your effort and good choices. Post it somewhere on your blog so we can remember to cheer you on!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the link love! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great Valentine's Day / anniversary gift to yourself! You can DEFINITELY do this!!!
Hey girl...thanks for swinging by my blog. I totally get your peer pressure post. It's easy to want to jump on everyone's bandwagon especially those super duper steam wagons...lol.
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to find "my" way. A liveable lifelong way...not a quick fix. Been there done that.
WW is the only "moderate" program that isn't insane, but counting makes me crazy.
I think you can accomplish whatever you put your mind to. And you just happen to have some FANTASTIC role models. Thanks for sharing the link to 266's video. So inspiring!
ReplyDeleteRae
xo
Congratulations! You are going to be great! :) Be sure to keep us posted --- every day!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI think goals are great. Divide out the 6 months into mini goals to keep you going. You can do it!!!
ReplyDeleteCheers,
Missa
LosingEthel
Late afternoons are hard for me as well. Tonight I got too hungry and then blew it...ate beyond what I had alloted calorie-wise. Kicking myself, but I was too hungry...*sigh* Little by little.
ReplyDeleteWho, I'd love to be 50 pounds lighter by February, that seems like a lot, but then maybe if I didn't wait until I was starving hungry and then overeat a late dinner I'd actually make it. LOL
We'll get there. :)
Thanks for the shout out! It is nice to hear that I am motivating others as I go on my journey. I say, if I can run anyone can. YOu go girl!
ReplyDeleteNow about your goal....I made 50 lbs. my goal for this whole year. I thought 50 lbs. in 6 months was too unrealistic for me. I have lost 35 pounds in 8 months. And am getting nervous about getting the 15 pounds off over the next few months.
However, I did not want to diet per se. Just eat healthier and feel like I am really changing my lifestyle to something I can do the rest of my life. I have some days that aren't so great eating wise and I'm sure if I was more strict with my diet I would be losing faster.
I think if you break it down into smaller goals, like someone mentioned and really stick to your eating plan you can do it.
However, if the weight doesn't come off the way you want it to, don't get discouraged. Remember, the overall goal is to change your lifestyle to a healthy one. If you do that, the weight will eventually come off. And it really doesn't matter if that takes 6 months or two years. But goals are important so good for you for setting one for yourself!
You can do it!
ReplyDeleteCome to Texas and we can run together! I'm still slogging, but when I have my big girl pants on, I pretend I'm running. :)
ReplyDeleteI'll admit right here...I'm wacked in lots o' ways. I don't have goals. Goals, for me, are like diets. Once I set them, my inner BRAT goes postal and my eats/exercises get slippery. Tomorrow, my goal is the same it is everyday. To get up, hit the trail and do 4 miles. Eat good-for-me food without sugars. Go home, go to bed, up and do same on Thursday.
I've come to know myself well enough that goals and eats are sledgehammers I automatically pick up to bash myself with.
Without a doubt you can do the 50 lb goal. The better answer is, yes, you can change your life to be fit and healthy, no matter how long it takes, you're worth it.
I know this may not be a popular comment, but my thinking has really changed on this... I think the best goals now are the ones that are not about a number on the scale. We can't ever truly control that. Not that we don't have a number in our heads... but how about some goals that have to do with behaviors. What you will/won't do when it comes to eating or exercise, for example.
ReplyDeleteI will be checking out the other blogs you menioned, thanks! So glad you didn't cave to peer pressure...it's so hard not to! I have gained 6 lbs this summer...it feels like 20! I have been wanting to lose 15-20 lbs forever...but somehow always end up sabotaging it. Your blog is very real and encouraging to the rest of us....we are cheering you on girl!
ReplyDeleteJust a few thoughts dearie, and I am by no means an expert. Just tossing them out there.
ReplyDeleteFirst of all -- were you hungry the day you have your menu posted here? Were you quite consumed with thoughts of "gotta eat, can't, so hungry, just make it til dinner, etc.?"
I just thought lunch seemed maybe a bit skimpy, and no afternoon snack can be a problem0, so that is why I asked. I guess if you were totally satisfied you might be ok, but ya still don't want the ol' bod to think you are starving it.
Is 2 diet cokes cutting back for you? [I forget.] If it is cutting back, great job! If it isn't, try to replace one of them with water. And if you felt hungry, we'll talk again about eating, but you could also drink more water, which helps with hunger. I'm guessing this could be inconvenient w/potty stops at work, but it does help with the WL.
Great job on the exercise, when I know you are tired from working. Wow.
Chrissy