Wednesday, August 4, 2010

De-Hate

So, I was in the front office making copies and a co-worker walked by and complimented my dress. Of course I said thank you. She asked if it was new. I said yes. Then, I made a bad joke about myself and needing clothes b/c my other ones don't fit my fat self. (Bad to beat up self, I know.) Anyway, she said, "I know! I HATE MYSELF. I AM SO FAT!"

So, I invited her to join me on my De-Hate Myself journey. I love my life, family, etc...but I really don't like my body anymore. I'm working on self-acceptance (complete acceptance). She said sure. Now I have an accountability partner at work. Yeah!

I have been so good for 3 days but no exercise...just good eating. I'm too tired to work out. Working is hard! :)

Don't hate.
J

9 comments:

  1. I need to jump on the de-hate train, too. Toot toot!
    Rae
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Un-hating is like finally taking wonderful deep breaths :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not worked for over a decade and I did not join a gym and start exercising regularly until after I quit. I am impressed with those of you who can find the time and energy and motivation. Great idea to have a partner at work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good. It's always best to have a friend doing it along with you. Accountability.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is good to have some support, you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to have the support... Stew tries to support me but he loves me no matter what, so it's kinda hard for him to say anything when I am more 'cuddly' than I should be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! I like the de-hate challenge. I might just have to jump in on this one.
    :) Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you. If a "workout" seems to tiring now, how about a decent walk after work?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!