Have you ever felt like someone was sitting on your chest and you couldn't breathe? That's how I felt all weekend. My MIL came to stay with us. I have posted about her in the past. It feels like she sucks all the air out of the room I am in. I feel stress/tension constantly. I can't blame her for the overeating, those were my choices, but I just wish she would lighten up a bit.
I'm reading a great book called Get Out of that Pit. I bought it in hopes that I could help my sister who is going through a yucky divorce....well, cocky me. Lo and behold, I'm learning a few things, too. Food is my pit! (Surprise, huh!). It is helping me recognize I only hurt me and my goals for myself when I choose bad food and to skip exercise. Duh.... Beth Moore is the author, and she says it way better than I do. Anyway, this book is really speaking to me. I need to live my best life. I can do this...
For REAL!
J
Menu today (so proud of me)
Breakfast: Protein Shake w/ Banana
Snack: Banana (had bananas I had to eat before they went bad :))
Lunch: homemade chicken / vegetable soup :), broccoli, banana
Snack: cranberries and nuts, cheese string
Dinner: turkey sandwich
Water and 2 diet cokes
Seriously, we are living parallel lives in regards to the MIL. She has been a huge contributor to my food issues. I can't blame my behaviour on her, but I can recognize the role she has played in devaluing me because of my size. Families....
ReplyDeleteI give you alot of credit , because the mil wouldn't be welcome in my home if she treated me that badly. honestly.
ReplyDeleteI need to get that book.
Have a pretty day!
Kristin
Get revenge by NOT letting her trigger you into the food issues. You can do this. I'm pulling for you.
ReplyDeleteSorry about the MIL...
ReplyDeleteYou can do this! :D