Short post tonight...fitting with my topic!
Did you ever have a conversation with someone and you start rambling and dig yourself into a hole about the size of the Grand Canyon? I did today. The whole time, I'm screaming in my brain "Shut UP!" but of course--I don't! I just talk, and talk, and talk some more. I don't know what was wrong with me...
My principal is a very quiet person. She nods a lot. I ramble a lot with her. I think it is to fill up the uncomfortable silence. Know anyone like that? She is so sweet, best boss I've ever had. BUT, there are weird moments of extreme quiet.
To answer two emails I received, my school is a little unique. We are a large private school. Almost 1000 students. The cafeteria is kinda like a restaurant. The kids can go back for as much food as they want. There are two hot entree lines, vegetarian line, deli line, salad bar, soup bar, dessert bar, fruit stand. Everything is cooked fresh on site. That is why the head chef puts the dots on the labels for the food (see yesterday's post). I'm very fortunate and blessed to work there. Hope that answers any questions.
Today's menu:
Breakfast: protein shake and banana and coffee with splenda
Lunch: 2 turkey soft tacos, one apple
Afternoon snack: granola bar (no time for morning snack...had a meeting)
Dinner: salad with grilled chicken (leftovers from yesterday) We went out boating tonight. Easy dinners for everyone!
2 Diet Cokes and water all day.
50 situps...will try for cardio tomorrow
:)
J
Wow! What a cafeteria...wish all schools could like yours!
ReplyDeleteI find myself rambling when I feel uncomfortable when the other person isn't saying much. Then later I think, "why should I have to keep the conversation going?"
An evening out on the boat...sounds heavenly!
Great job with the vittles! Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteChrissy
Yes, I've been in your position. :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a neat school.
That's an awesome arrangement. I work in midtown Toronto where I'm left to my own devices (ie. brown bag) or am forced to find healthy options among many over-priced high-end restaurants. Blech!
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
Wish I had went to a school like that! :D
ReplyDeleteSounds like an amazing cafetaria! My school sold pies and chips, ice creams and coke!
ReplyDelete