Monday, August 23, 2010

No way!

Do you ever win something (big or small) and you just can't believe something good happened to you???
I won a free t-shirt yesterday, and I was so excited. You would have thought I won $1000. (First and only time I have played.) I just couldn't believe I won something for FREE! A couple of years ago, a friend gave me a lottery ticket for my birthday. She couldn't get a "real gift" (those were her words), and I'm sure neither one of us thought it would be a winner. Well, I won $500. I felt guilty so I gave her half. My best friend says I act like that because I don't feel I deserve good things. Hmmmm....do I believe that?

I'm not sure. Overall, I feel I'm a good person. I do the right thing (mostly). I treat others how I want to be treated (mostly). I'm cheerful, I help others, etc....do I feel that I don't deserve good things to happen to me?

I know that I have trouble accepting compliments. If someone says that I am pretty or have on a nice outfit, I ALWAYS feel the need to put myself down because of my weight. Is that NORMAL????

Also, if anyone does something special for me. I have a *need* to repay the favor. Of course, I say thank you, but I'll look for ways to pay back. Even if they don't expect/want it. We had a Sunday School lesson on this a while back...we should all learn to just say thank you and accept someone did something for us without expecting anything in return. Say Thank You and move on. I still have trouble with it....

Is this my way of putting ME down???

Do you have trouble accepting good things when they happen to you?

Have a great night!
J

Menu:
Breakfast: Yogurt
Snack: about 5 almonds...ran out of time :)
Lunch: rice, beans, and chicken soup
Dinner: 2 small slices of veggie pizza

Get ready for this...ONLY one diet Coke today! LOTS of water, and 1 coffee

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comments on my blog! So glad to follow yours too!!!! Yes....lets do the Jillian 30 day shred!!! I bet we do great!!!

    Jennifer
    http://wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I love winning stuff, but like you, I often feel guilty afterward. I'm working on it, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we need more people like you in this world! i don't think it's a bad thing at all. you're not trying to prove anything, you just have a good heart and that's what makes you special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO PROUD OF YOU!! One diet Coke. Wtg girl!

    You seem to be doing well in the food dept too. Are you hungry??? Maybe your water is helping with that. Good job.

    Ooo -- just today my friend's dd that I was watching told me I was soo pretty. hee hee. [she's 10] And -- my brain's first response was that I should deflect that, since I was not feeling too pretty, say something to that effect...blah blah, but INSTEAD I said "aww thank you sweetie, that is such a nice thing to say!!". Can you imagine? Saying THAT?? Wow. Go me, huh? :) Yep, I know just what yer sayin'! And yes, I was kinda proud of myself for thinking it through before I said anything. Hard sometimes. Are we conditioned to deflect a compliment?? I don't think that kind of humility is pretty, though. kwim?
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!