Saturday, August 28, 2010

I Chose THIS???

Missa over at Losing Ethel inspired this post with her comment in yesterday's post.

I wrote that my mom always said, "You're as happy as you want to be." I said I agreed with that *most* of the time. Missa wrote..."So by that logic, are we as fat as we want to be? Maybe so!!"

Well, that got me to thinking. I think I am as fat as I want to be. I mean, I am changing now, but when I slip in my eats, don't exercise, blah, blah, blah...I am choosing to stay fat. I choose to drink Diet Coke instead of water even though I know I need the water. I chose to eat waffles with butter and syrup this morning even though I KNOW it will not help me reach my goal. I choose to take bites of cake, candy, etc. even though I know it is the last thing I need to do.

But, I can choose the other way too. I will choose the fruits, veggies, water, exercise. I am choosing to work toward my goal. Now, that's a good choice.

Thanks, Missa!

What do you think about this logic?  You're as happy as you want to be. You're as thin/fat as you want to be. I want to hear what you think.


Choosing Wisely,
J

Menu today:
2 waffles with syrup and butter
1 grilled porkchop with brown rice
1 string cheese
1 hamburger with bun, lettuce, tomato, cheese, ketchup, mustard

45 minutes on treadmill (run/walk)
10 strength band training
one hour swimming (not too strenuous though)

lots water, 2 diet cokes

5 comments:

  1. Hey, you can choose brown rice pasta too! :) In the US, I've bought in at WalMart in the "healthy" food section. It's a little more expensive than the other kinds. My SIL just changed over and she said her kids didn't notice, but they wouldn't eat whole wheat pasta shapes. So, it's not just my experience that it tastes more like white pasta. Let me know what you think once you've tried it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! I will think about this and I hope that this "motto" will help me make better choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I left an award for you at my blog...! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's a good choice... is right!!!!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!