Monday, November 29, 2010

Who Knew?

Who knew that my motto of "It's Just Food" would actually work for me? Well, it did. I did really well over Thanksgiving!!! I splurged a bit on some Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies (oh, my! they are SOOOO good) but I basically had the samplers platter over dinner on Thursday. I chanted to myself: It's just food. I tasted everything...even all the carbs. I was really full, but not overstuffed like years past. I held myself to that one meal. At all of the other meals,  I really watched it.

I was so proud of myself (and so was my husband). He didn't say anything about it until later (he said it with just the right words too), but he was shocked--I could tell. He knows how much I love my mom's cooking. He even tried to get me eat pound cake with him late one night. Nope. Not going there again.

I couldn't believe I lost weight this week!!! Of course, I forgot to weigh in last week, so my loss could be a combo from 2 weeks but who cares, right? It is a loss!

Okay, so the Throw Down is coming to an end. Here's how I did.

Goal 1 .Lose 5-10 pounds in November... I started at 184 and got to 181. I did not reach this goal. Yikes. I really thought I would. I am still glad that I lost 3 pounds. I am so close to being in the 170s. I will push hard! I am disappointed that I did not make 5 pounds. I see that 10 pounds was a very lofty goal! Live and learn! I need to up water and exercise!!!!

2. Exercise 4 times a week for 45 minutes or more. I did not meet this goal last week. Being out of town at my parents did not help. Excuses, I know!!!! I am going to set a mileage goal for December. I know this will help my weight fall faster.

3. Be able to run 2 miles without stopping to walk for a rest. I never did this. But I am running more than ever. I will definitely run 2 miles soon. This was just an oversight on my part. November ended too soon for me!!! It snuck up on me!!!

BONUS GOAL: Drink more water. I was definitely successful at this goal this week. I am doing so much better at this but I still drink too much diet coke when I don't feel well or need a treat. I wish I would just stop. UGH.
 
I hope you have a wonderful last day of November tomorrow.
J

3 comments:

  1. You did well toward meeting each goal though. Good job! And congrats on the loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the Thanksgiving non-scale victory over food!

    Even if you're not down five or ten pounds, you are down during a holiday month - that is AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!