This is what she said:
"This week, I feel like talking about TV. What's on your DVR? Even if you don't have DVR, tell us about your favorite TV shows."
What's On Your DVR?
Well, I only use the DVR if I really want to see something and I can't watch it. I learned that I will just fill up the DVR and never watch shows. I don't have the time. With 2 kids, church, work, a husband, etc. etc. etc...I just can't go back and watch shows. I know back in my younger days I would have though. Oh, if I would have had DVR in college... Melrose Place, 90210, Seinfeld, and Friends would have filled that thing up. Anybody (in their 30's) with me????
Okay, so for the present...
Now, I watch a lot of Disney Channel. No, that's my kids. I don't really watch too much TV. I really enjoy reading. We get up REALLY early (4:45ish am). So...my eyelids get heavy early in the evenings. When I can stay awake, I watch:
1. Grey's Anatomy--I can't stop watching this show. Even when it went through a slump last season (and the season before), I've stayed loyal. I can't help it. I may not be quite as loyal as I used to be, but I still watch when I can hold my eyes open.
2. Rookie Blue- This was only on briefly over the summer. Maybe you caught it. I think it returns in January for a 2nd season. I really liked it.
3. Survivor- My husband and I watch this together. It's one show we "agree" on at night. We usually have to compromise the other nights.
4. America's Funniest Videos- don't laugh. I love this show. So do my girls. It's fun(ny) for the whole family!!! We love to watch this on Sunday nights before bedtime.
5. Lifetime movies....especially True Movie Thursdays...corny I know. My husband laughs and laughs at me. I record these and watch them while on the treadmill. It's like my chick-flick time. Sometimes I am crying while running, but not b/c my muscles hurt...because of the movie! :-)
6. I like some news programs and entertainment news occasionally. I just don't get to see much of it. Those of you with young kids get this, I'm sure. I have to filter everything, b/c they are like little sponges.
7. I also like TLC. I love What Not to Wear (there's a thin fashionista inside of me somewhere) and DIY/decorating shows!!!! I also like homes where they take an old home/room and fix it up. I learn a lot from those shows.
When I am home alone, I turn on the TV sometimes to make noise. Other times, I love the silence. But, when hubs is out of town overnight, I have to fall asleep with the TV on to keep the strange noises away!
Remember to go visit Kenz's blog and join her linky!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now for my goals....Here's how I did this week in the Throwdown!
1. Lose 5-10 pounds in November... Results for the second week---
I was only down a few ounces...not even worth recording....I'll keep trying. I also want to start counting my calories this week. UGH. I am not excited about this.
2. Exercise 4 times a week for 45 minutes or more. I was able to get in 5 days this week!!!! Yay!!!
3. Be able to run 2 miles without stopping to walk for a rest. I began running for half-mile periods of time this week. This is a victory for me. Next week, I hoping to run a whole mile w/o stopping....
BONUS GOAL: Drink more water. I was definitely successful at this goal this week. Most days, I only had one diet coke and drank water for the remainder of the day. :) But....I want to start counting my ounces of water per day.
Have a great Monday night!
J

OMG we have two DVRs! And they have a lot on them! It was a crisis recently when our tivo died and we lost a ton of shows. So sad. I'm with you on Grey's:)
ReplyDeleteI'm a big Grey's fan. BTW, I just read your Tuesday post, and it really resonated with me. I love how open and honest you were.
ReplyDeleteI love Grey's! Have watched it since day one!!!
ReplyDelete