1.What is your favorite Christmas memory?
I have 2 younger sisters. Every year on Christmas Eve, my parents would give us a present to open. They always acted like it was a BIG surprise, but we knew it was matching pajamas. This continued until I got married at the age of 25. We would then put on the pajamas, and crawl into ONE bed together (again until I got married). On Christmas morning, the middle sister would wake up so early. She would then proceed to get us all up to go see what Santa brought (again until I got married). But first, my mom would make us brush our hair so we would look cute in pictures. (My mom can't believe I let my girls roll out of bed on Christmas morning.) Then, we would stop on the stairs for our pre-Santa picture and then rush into see our loot. The first Christmas that I was married, I called "home" and we all boo-hooed together on the phone b/c we didn't get to do the tradition. But...sweet thing...my husband got me pajamas on Christmas Eve...awww.
2. What is your go-to meal?
I have a few:
For really short nights--Grill Cheese and Potato Soup
For week nights that the family just loves:
- Roast in the crock pot
- Dorito Chicken (I need to post the recipe
- Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- My famous home-made spaghetti :-) hub's favorite
3. How would you spend a day if you could do anything...from morning to night.
I would stay at home!!!!!!!!!!!! And read a book! (I just finished Against All Odds...so good!) With my family...snuggling, playing games, just hanging out with nowhere to go, being together!!!!
4. How do you plan to motivate yourself to keep up diet and exercise during the holidays?
I love good quotes--they motivate me, I love having an accountability partner--thanks Jess, and I like having an old "thin" picture of myself around to remind me where I'm headed. I also have been keeping a food journal, that has been helping! I am also thinking about starting a MILES goal...you know run/walk a certain number of miles by a certain date. AND, continue with blogging--it helps me!
I am tagging Hannah, Jennifer, Rae, and Whitney.
Here are your questions:
1. What is the dish you always to take to the Thanksgiving dinner family gatherings? Or, what is favorite Thanksgiving tradition?
2. What is your husband's favorite dinner you cook?
3. What is your favorite workout?
4. What is the weirdest diet you have ever tried?
Have a great day!
J
Loved your answers! I especially love that your hubby got your PJs :) Our first Easter (or I guess the second, our first Easter was the first day of our Honey Moon) Tommy bought me a "Easter Dress." Because it was a family tradition. :)
ReplyDelete1. Every year at my parents’ house we all go around the table and say one thing that we’re thankful for.
ReplyDelete2. I have no idea!! He does most of the cooking and when I do cook it’s nothing major.
3. Right now I’m thriving on strength training, but last night at the gym I did cardio only and was craving some ab workouts.
4. Haha! When I was in middle school I thought I’d become anorexic, but I still drank juices and the like and ate hard candy and lollipops. LOL!
Love your Christmas moment!
ReplyDeleteAwww bonus points to your husband for getting you PJ's :P How sweet was that? Thanks for the tag! I'm looking forward to doing it!
ReplyDeleteAwesome moments - thanks for sharing! I will try to get to these this weekend.
ReplyDeletePS - How is the Throwdown going!? I hope you're challenging Jess! ;)
I love posts like this where you get more of a glimpse behind the blogger. :)
ReplyDeleteI want to start that pajama gift thing too with my daughter this year. I like the thought of her having special pjs to wake up in Christmas morning. It just seems cozy and fun.