Monday, November 22, 2010

I'm IT again!

I've been tagged again! Joy at Nuggets of Truth tagged me to answer these questions:


1. What has been the most difficult thing for you to overcome in losing weight?

The most difficult thing for me is being patient with my results, not comparing myself to others, and being too critical of myself. (That's 3 things, I know...but I really struggle with them all equally.) If I have been "good", I want the scale to move down quickly!!! I mean, who doesn't???? I just have this feeling of "I deserve to lose pounds...look how good I've been." But we all know, sometimes it just doesn't work that way...for some odd reason. I am REALLY critical of myself and I'm trying not to be...I am also trying to stop comparing myself to other women. It is pointless, right?

2. What's your favorite form of exercise, how often do you workout, and how long do your workouts take?

I really like to run/walk on the treadmill and watch my favorite movies or shows that I have recorded. I don't usually have the time to watch TV that I like so this is my ME time. I also like to do workout routines that are kinda like the old Jazzercise...you know...dance/bounce/sweat hard stuff. I usually workout for a total of an hour 3-4 times per week.

3. Do you take time to pamper yourself, and if so, how?
I try to go have a pedicure every 2 weeks b/c I stand all day long in dress shoes, but it usually turns out to be once a month due to time!!! I also have my gray hair colored every 6-8 weeks...I think this counts as pampering! :) The cost of it ....that qualifies as a pamper, I'm sure.

4. If you could change only one bad habit, what would it be and why?
If we are talking dieting...I wish I would just give up Diet Coke totally. I really don't know why I don't. I struggle with this. I know they aren't healthy...I know I should drink more water...I know I would feel better...I KNOW....what the heck is wrong with me??? I'm addicted!

In life, I wish I would stop worrying about what others think all the time...it is exhausting.

I'm going to tag:
River
Julie
Karen
Sarah


Here are your questions....

1. What are the top 5 things you are thankful for this year?

2. What is your favorite healthy meal that you cook?

3. Are you a last minute Christmas shopper or did you start 6 months ago? Does Christmas shopping overwhelm you?

4. How are you going to reward yourself when you hit your goal weight?

Have a good Monday!
J

4 comments:

  1. Oh fun! Flashback to playing tag as a kid:) I've got my other posts planned this week so will get around to playing next week. Gives me more time to come up with questions!

    I like to watch shows when I am on the elliptical too. Especially Biggest Loser - which motivates me to stay on there longer:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're gonna force me to stop procrastnating wont you! :) Thank you! I'll be answering the questions after my physical therapy session tomorrow.

    Worrying about what others think... God I think I even consider myself as "others" I'm exhausted with all this thinking and torturing myself.
    (I drink way too much water already :D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I can totally relate to "I deserve to lose weight because i have been good"! For me, the hardest part of my journey has been to be patient with my plateau...which seemed like the longest 5 months ever!

    Jennifer
    http://wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally relate to your first question. That is me too. I feel like I am OWED a loss if I've been good. It totally dejects me when/if that doesn't happen.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!