I have always thought that I had decent legs from the knees down ...(stop laughing). I know I am hippy. I call my upper legs the Bu-thighs. Where my butt has run into my thigh. You know the pudgy part right under the hiney. Anyway, I got back, as they say. That's where I carry my weight. I have a smaller waist. I always lose there first, too. I swear every pound I have lost has come from my waist. I digress. I have decent ankles. But... What about my calves??? I thought they were okay----until I boot shopping today!!!
I could not find a pair that fit well. Am I alone here??? Someone please help me. The boots were snug on the top of my calf...ugh. I had a little pudge of skin (fat??) at the top of the boot....oh, no! Muffin top on a boot? Heck, no!
My black boots from 3 years ago will have to hold on. I will have to continue my search. Any suggestions out there? I tried on several pair!!! Are boots like jeans now? You know...back in the day, there were no size 0's. Or at least I did not know they existed, maybe because I wasn't in that club. There was the 5,7,9 store---those were the small sizes. Now, we have 00. Those are for the REALLY skinny girls (like the teacher across the hall from me---love her). I am a bit depressed. I have to be even more determined in my diet. It is no longer only about smaller pants...now my quest involves boots!!! Who knew!
As for my diet, I mean healthy lifestyle...
I exercised 45 minutes on the treadmill (ran sometimes on there not sure about the total--I will have to do better about keeping track of that.)
one coffee and one diet coke, water rest of the day maybe 6 glasses???
grapefruit for breakfast, one bite of banana nut muffin (no time for rest , it was almost lunch so I figured forget it)
grilled chicken on salad with lowfat ranch for lunch
shrimp stirfry for dinner (NO BREAD....yay me!)
2 TBSP of Nyquil :) (not sure if it has calories)
wanted chocolate...resisted...yay me again
Bigger Boots Wanted,
J
PS--- Daughter is getting better every day. I so appreciate all of your prayers and well wishes. The oral steroids and breathing treatments have her acting nuts but breathing better!!! :) Ah, modern medicine!
So glad to hear your daughter is doing well. Whoohoo!
ReplyDeleteI dont know about the boot thing because I am new to this era. I am going to go and attempt to buy a cute pair soon. So I will let you know.
So jealous you have a skinny waistline. Me...nope. thats where I pack on the pounds :(
I absolutely understand about the boots thing. I am hoping to get my calves in shape for next year's boot season. I'm afraid I'm SOL for this season. Hopefully you are better at shopping for them than I am.... I can only wear the really short ones right now.
ReplyDeleteI feel your pain. I actually ordered cute snow boots and they wouldn't zip all the way. UGH!! This is supposed to be big girl season!
ReplyDeleteI remember in New Zealand there was S, M and L.... Now there is a shop that has XXXS, XXS, XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL - I don't often shop at that shop because, you guessed it, I'm wayyyy off the chart haha... In number sizing, our smallest clothing size was an 8 (which is about your size 6). Tho most wanted to be a perfect 10 (size us8). Now they have bought out size 6 NZ (us4). I don't think I would even want to be that cos I just can't imagine it! BUT in regards to boots, love the muffintop reference! what a laugh... but yea, boots have always been like that here. They have a range of 'plus size' boots where the measurement for the calf area is bigger.... I've always had to wear boots bigger like that even when I'm small. I have muscular calves. I think the boots in most of the shops are made for stick legs. That's why I LOVE ankle boots - they fit! :D
ReplyDeleteI have actually never worn boots!
ReplyDeleteHigh 5 for resiting the chocolate!
I would LOVE to wear cute boots, but my calves are ginormous! I hate it! Even after losing 26 lbs, my calves are pretty much the same size. I feel your pain!
ReplyDeleteI understand about the boot thing. I bought a pair, they are snug at the top, and I've decided it will be one more thing that I'll enjoy watching get looser as the winter wears on this year.
ReplyDeleteHowever, the first pair I tried on wouldn't even come all the way up and I was sad. The pair I bought are from Famous Footwear and I like them. My skirts come down over the tops, so if there is a little pudge at the top no one will see...I don't think there is though..should check.
Good luck finding a pair!!
I have had a pair of boots that I have LOVED...and this year they are right around the calves (even though I am small than I have been since I bought these boots. I know it is the muscles in my calves getting bigger with my running.
ReplyDeleteI know the store Avenue has boots with bigger calves. My mom used to work there, and she loved their boots. I am going to email you tonight :)Vacation time has been fun, but busy :)