Friday, November 12, 2010

Prince Charming

I married the best man in the world. I don't want to argue with any of you about it, because I sincerely hope that YOU think you married the best man in the world, too. In reality, that's really the way it should be.

I know this blog is supposed to be all about my weight loss....but I do get tired of talking about that all of the time. I am feeling so blessed. I really do every day. Like I've told you before, I rarely talk about weight issues in my "life"...that's what I have this here for. I vent here so I don't bore others to death with it all. But, I was thinking today about how blessed I am to have my man.

We have been together for 13 years. Married almost 10. We've been through graduate school (mine-2 degrees), cancer (his-clean for 2 years), in law stuff, church stuff, 2 kids, and my weight. We are so very happy...now don't get me wrong. We have days where we are angry and don't like each other, but don't we all? But overall, we tell each other we love each other several times a day. We look each other in the eye, hug and kiss good-bye in the mornings, kiss and snuggle at night, eat dinner together as a family, pray together as a family, go to church together as a family, play as a family, we have date nights, etc.

My husband leaves me love notes. Sends me "love texts." And he tells me I am beautiful and sexy. We make love often. He laughs with me. He always holds my hand. He kisses my hand as we drive down the road. He opens doors for me, gets my coat for me, and he's protective of me. He is always respectful of me. I still can't wait to see him at the end of my day.

He's never told me to lose weight. He's never ignored me or pushed me away when I've been at my heaviest. (Now, ...I do think he noticed when I lost down to 140....but he never said I love you more this way. So, he scored points in my book.)

We are a very traditional family. When we first got married, I was finishing my Masters and Specialists degrees...but I still took care of the house. When we had kids, I quit work and stayed home. This was the way we both grew up and it came naturally to us both. A lot has changed since then. It had to when he was diagnosed with cancer. We both had to do "what we had to do." Know what I mean? Now, our roles are still traditional but he sees that I need help with the home since I work full-time. He helps me with my girls (this has gotten better as they've gotten older :)), stops at the grocery store for me, helps me with dinner (prep and clean up), and never ever complains if I don't feel like cooking. He looks for ways to make my life easier. I think he feels a tad guilty that I had to return to work when he got sick. But, it was really for the best. I am able to finance our girls' education, and that is important to me. In the long run, it has also given us more security if his cancer ever returns (but of course, we pray that doesn't happen).

I'm not trying to be boastful. I've just been thinking about this because my sister's divorce was final on Monday. That man she was married to was a TOTAL LOSER. He cheated  on her and put her down every chance her got. The other women were too many to count. She was an outstanding wife...and if you could see her, you'd be shocked. My point here is...I hear my friends complain every day about their men. I never say too much. I don't want to say I have it good and make them feel bad or sound braggy.I think they know we are happily married just by stories I tell from our weekends or by watching us interact. But, I figure I'll give my guy his glory here for a day.

God brought me a blessing. I am so, so thankful. I hope I never take him for granted. I hope we keep "liking" each other. I pray it stays this good because I'm a lucky girl.

I hope you are too. Go hug your man!
J
------------------------------------------------------

Eats and exercise are going great!
~only one diet coke a day, water rest of day :)
~grapefruit and protein bar for breakfast
~chicken salad with apple and side salad with lettuce/tomato light ranch for lunch
~dinner- rotisserie chicken, green beans, small portion of pasta

5 comments:

  1. So glad you have the best husband in the world too! :) And you know what? This is your blog and you can talk about whatever you want!! I love to hear positive stories like this. So many women complain about their husbands...I don't know if I just got lucky or if I'm just more thankful.
    I'm looking at your menu today and wondering if you went to bed hungry?! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful love letter to your hubby. ;) I love that you celebrate your relationship every day in small ways. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED this post! I smiled the entire time I read it! I can't wait to get home so I can "Hug my Man."

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a very lovely post. So glad you have found your love, and it is going well.

    Is your husband working outside the home too? I can't remember if you mentioned that before. I thought he was.

    I'm catching up on your posts...fell behind somewhere along the line.

    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!