It is so scary to see your child sick and unable to take a good breath. I don't know how people do it that have children who are sick every day of their little lives. I pray for them. I thank God for the Children's Hospital in Atlanta that has the "miracle" drugs for my child and the awesome care she received.
_________________________________________________
*** Click here for a Moving Comfort Sports Bra Giveaway.***
_________________________________________________
I feel a little silly even reporting on my weight in light of how worried I was about my child, but it's Monday. I am participating in the Throwdown with Jess. Here's how I did:
1. Lose 5-10 pounds in November...for the first week. I was down 1.3 pounds. I'd say that's a good start.
2. Exercise 4 times a week for 45 minutes or more. I was only able to get in 3 days this week due to sickness and a hospital visit.
3. Be able to run 2 miles without stopping to walk for a rest. I began running for brief periods of time this week. I can run 1/4 mile and walk 1/4 repeatedly. Next week, I will run longer.
BONUS GOAL: Drink more water. I was definitely successful at this goal this week. Most days, I only had one diet coke and drank water for the remainder of the day. :)
I was a bit of a big talker about not being tempted about my eats....but on the way home from the hospital yesterday. I kinda slipped. If you've ever driven through Atlanta, maybe you've heard of The Varsity???? Diet wrecker. Well, I had a Glorified Burger and onion rings with a diet coke. The places oozes history and grease!!! Even though I fell to temptation, I planned for it for the rest of the day. I only had a grapefruit for breakfast and 110 calorie soup with an apple for dinner. Not so bad, I don't think. The burgers are small, too. Anyway, I feel okay about it. It's not a salad kind of place and sometimes you just have to go with the flow.
I hope you have a good Monday...
J
I have a son with asthma. So, first of all, my heart goes out to you on that one.
ReplyDeleteSecond? My favorite part of the post was your burger. Not because you deprived yourself, felt guilty, any of those things. YOU PLANNED FOR IT!!! That is such a great way to go about it! I mean, a life without onion rings is just not a life worth living in my book.
Have a great week!
Oh wow J! I sent your my morning email before I read this! Bless your heart! Hope your little sweetie is feeling much better very soon!!! Looks like you did great with your goals inspite of a stressful weekend!
ReplyDeleteScary stuff...so glad to hear your daughter is home and doing better.
ReplyDeleteI'm happy you were able to bounce back after your burger and not beat yourself up...way to go!
I am glad to hear that your daughter is doing better. It is heartbreaking to see our children suffer.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you still had a great week, despite the obstacles placed in your way. I like how you didn't let the one meal of temptation get you down and turn it into a day of gluttony. Great job staying on plan!
Hope your daughter continues to get better!
ReplyDeleteGood job on your goals!
Hi J. I hope your daughter feels better soon. I know just how you feel. My daughter had pneumonia last week. It took a while to figure it out and I was so scared. It is such a helpless feeling and its one of the worst feelings ever.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comments over on my blog! As for my eating...I am upping the calories over the whole day but eating about 5 meals a day usually. I sneak a protein bar in there and that adds for good productive calories right there. Yes, I bought the bars in a 6 pack at target (Pure Protein brand). I really like the deluxe chocolate better than the peanut butter one. Apparently the people who have tried them and commented on my blog love them too! I bought a single bar at Walmart. I hope you can find them when things when the stress starts winding down.
Take care. My thoughts and prayers with you.
Jennifer
So glad SweetBabyGirl is better. They don't tell ya how scary things get when you're thinking about having your babies.
ReplyDeleteAnd YEAH! for you at not sledgehammering over the hambuggah :)
Just been through a health challenge with my daughter, spending time in hospital (x3), so I know what you were going through. That you achieved what you listed was outstanding. So, well done when so much was stacked against you.
ReplyDeleteMy son too use to be asmatic, thank goodness he has outgrown most of that now. I hope that you daughter keeps getting stronger. I am glad that you are feeling better now.
ReplyDeleteYou are doing so good with your goals. Keep it up. I love the way you planned around your meal that made you so happy. That is the exact way we are suppose to do things. Good for you.
Now have a great and sucessful week. Take care and God Bless!!
Yes, the weight loss still goes on, even when life happens.
ReplyDeleteI like that you planned for the burger. That's a good thing to remember because I tend to go all off the diet if I have one bad meal. Thanks for reminding me it doesn't have to be all or nothing.
Just started following you.
I am relieved to hear that she is getting better (and you too!). Seeing your kids go through this stuff is very difficult.
ReplyDeleteWell done on your exercise. Keep going on the running. When you are consistent, it really improves quickly.