I just finished this book. Have you read it?
Interesting....
(SPOILER ALERT--DON'T READ IF YOU WANT TO READ THE BOOK)
Husband cheats. Wife discovers. To forgive or not?
My sister dealt with this...I know every situation is different. Her husband was a serial cheater. In the book, it was a one time deal.
Does this matter? Or should I say, would it matter to you?
I've always said I would leave no matter what! I don't even want to think about it....ugh.
I have some friends who have left, and some who have stayed. I am also hesitant to admit that a long time ago (before I was married) ...I worked with someone who was "the other woman"....she says it was/is her biggest regret. I really have trouble with dishonesty.
I think I would constantly worry and question.
In the book, it brings up staying for the kids. Is this a good thing?
This book was a great read, but really got me to thinking...maybe b/c my sister has just gone through her horrible ordeal.
What are your thoughts?

To be perfectly honest, I think each situation is different. I don't think there are hard and fast rules is these situations. Obviously the woman (or man) has to make the decision about what is right for them going forward....
ReplyDeleteI would leave, I have no doubt in my mind. I think if you cheat you are obviously not in love with the person you are with.
ReplyDeleteMy sister's husband has cheated on her multiple times, the latest time was with her best friend and she got pregnant with his child, for whatever reason (I think self esteem) my sister decided not to leave him. This has caused a huge riff between us we don't speak of it and the my kids do not go to her house when the child is there. She has two kids and I think by staying she is setting a bad example for them.
For me, I think I would never really trust again... and you can't have a fulfilling marriage if you don't trust your spouse. But I have known a couple people who have successfully gotten through it.
ReplyDeleteIt would be hurtful no matter what... but a serial cheater is just a selfish jerk. I have always thought I would leave... but I think that is one of those things that - you really don't know til it happened to you. Your poor sister.
ReplyDeleteThis sounds like a good read! Personally I think you should do all you can to keep your marriage together- but staying JUST for the kids- that is not goof for ANYONE!
Great post
Have a PRETTY day!
Kristin
That would be the hardest thing ever to deal with. I know so much easier said than done, but I would hope I would stay. Not sure if I could...but God has forgiven me for all my sins and I would like to forgive my husband. If it was a one time thing. if it was continual, I would go. sad to even think about it!!
ReplyDeleteHi J!
ReplyDeleteI just finished reading that book. Before I read the book I would have said, no way! But after reading the last few pages...I can now understand why some women decide to stay.
Hope you're having a good summer!
thinking about you....hope you're doing well.
ReplyDeleteJae
Girl! Where are you?! I miss your posts!!
ReplyDeleteKristin
Hope all is well J...miss hearing from you!
ReplyDeleteWhere did you go? I admit it's been a while since I checked in here, but I was especially excited to come and see how things are going for you. I've been on my own weight loss journey and I remembered your posts being very encouraging as well as very real. I'd love to see more from you!
ReplyDeleteMiss you! Hope you are ok...
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving.
Chrissy