Friday, June 17, 2011

Is this my personality or another weight issue?

I was out with my family this week. We went to a small pizza pub ...very casual.



I was with my two GORGEOUS SISTERS...who are thin. One showed up straight from work the other had been swimming with me.


Working sister was in killer heels (I don't know how she walked in them) and a body skimming dress. She was accessorized to the hilt.


Swimming sister put on a beautiful, bright, colorful maxi dress. Put some "product" on her hair to creak a sleek pony tail and big earrings were added.


Me: pony tail --not the sleek kind, the kind that says...I've been swimming so I just put my hair up. I also wore flip flops, shorts, and a t-shirt. In my defense, it was a cute t-shirt, but I still had a case of the "inadequates"


So...it led to a conversation with my husband:

  • do you wish I dressed cuter?
  • do you wish I put more effort into my appearance?
  • do you wish I dressed sexier?
  • do you wish I ALWAYS looked like I stepped out of a magazine?

I'm sure I drove him half crazy with all of the questions. Of course, he said he loves me just like I am... he knows how to answer to keep himself out of trouble.


He actually prefers me very natural...if he had his way, I'd never wear make-up.

I can dress up...and I do when I feel it is necessary or the situation calls for it.

My question to myself is...am I this way b/c it is more my personality or I am not trying for the cute looks because of my weight?


(Am I rambling?)

I am definitely a less is more person. I do know that I prefer to save my "sexiness" for private moments with my husband (which really isn't affected by weight at all...surprisingly...maybe I try to suck in at times, but overall very good in that area). I'm definitely not the trendiest, but not the old lady either...somewhere in the middle.

Does this even matter?

Well, not what I wear. But, why do I feel the constant need to compare myself to others????!!!

Will I ever stop this madness?

***Do you ever feel anything like this?

J


NEW GOAL---Going for 2 weeks of perfect eating to try to get myself on track! :)

5 comments:

  1. For sure Jaycee! I'm very casual...and enjoy my jeans and t-shirts the most. Sometime I like to look nice...so I think I'm kind of in the middle too. However, I have noticed that if I want to look nice, I have to work at it...I have a couple of friends that can throw on a cute shirt and a pair of capris and look super trendy. I never feel like I'm very stylish! Of course, the two friends I am talking about are both really thin...so does that make a difference?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a post coming up that mentions how my husband prefers the natural look too. Could be you are just laid back about this... like me:) Or, could be more than that. Only you can answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to be very casual but if I'm not careful it leads to "kinda sloppy". For me it's just a personality thing. As I'm maturing I am trying to change it. I would like to look more "put together". It takes some effort though to think about. I have noticed though that when I'm taking care of myself and eating well I want to make the effort more than when I'm 40 lbs heavier if only because I have more clothing options and I feel more comfortable in my skin. So maybe it is a weigh thing? Something to ponder I suppose....

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I'm going to be a little more analytical about this because I do the same thing...I work out a lot, mostly running, and it sometimes offers little time to get changed before having to grab some lunch or run to the grocery store so I do sometimes just throw on something NOT sweaty and a hat and head out the door. BUT, if I am honest, I FEEL better about myself, more confident and maybe even that I am representing myself as I feel on the inside, when I take the time to dress for my body type, do my hair and throw on a little mascara.

    We put a lot of effort into counting calories, sticking to our diets, exercising and blogging about it all so why shouldn't we let that be reflected in our appearance? If it truly doesn't bother you then I wouldn't worry about how you dress...but if you feel better about yourself then why not put some effort into it?

    My boyfriend loves that I can get up in the morning and not be self-conscious about how I look so we can head out the door in 15 minutes if need be...and he tells me I have 'natural beauty' and don't NEED to get all glammed up...but I also know that he LIKES when I put some effort into myself. He compliments me and has that special look in his eye...I like to think it says "yes, she's pretty and she's mine".

    I also think that when we dress nicely, take the time to do our hair and makeup (if that's the look we like to project) then we can't wait til we have the 'perfect body'. Dress for it now and it will act as motivation, it will build your confidence. That's my 2 cents anyway. Again, I just think you need to base it off of how YOU feel...if you feel better about yourself when you put more effort into your appearance then make the time to do it...if you feel great being more 'natural' then don't focus your energy on comparing yourself with others who maybe can't pull off that natural look. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're not alone. I feel like this too. I see others (even people heavier than I) and they all look so cute. I want to look cute too, so why don't I? I'm definitely a sweats and t-shirt gal, but certainly desire the more stylish look. I do think I'm hiding behind my weight when it comes to fashion. I do give myself credit for not wearing the oversized baggy t-shirts anymore (switched to the tapered woman's t-shirts that are more fitted without being tight). It's a start, I guess.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!