Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A New Bathing Suit

I have been on the hunt for the PERFECT Bathing Suit.

Is there such a thing?

I want flattering and inexpensive....

I've worn a tankini for a few years now. The kind that doesn't show the tummy, but I can still tinkle on having to pull down the bottoms...very convenient. I also have a long torso and these just feel better.

I've been having trouble with the halter necklines. It is very hard to find a different neckline...or at least it has been to me.

I also always stick with black, brown, or darker colors...

But the other day, I saw this in Target:

Sorry the picture is so small, but it was too blurry when I made it bigger. You can click the link to see it larger if you want. This top is so wonderful. It is perfect to wear strapless for no tan lines! I have NEVER worn a strapless top...well since high school maybe. Anyway, I have gotten so many compliments since I've had it. My husband said it is the best fit I've worn in a long time. I'm going to get one in another color...and it was only 20 bucks.

I really want to get a nice suit when I lose weight...hmmm, have we heard that before?

I love suits from Athleta and similar stores, but just don't want to fork out $150 for a swimsuit. Maybe a weight loss treat for goal?

Have you found good bathing suits? Share the details!

J

5 comments:

  1. I love tankinis for the same reason:) I can't do strapless - too little on top to hold it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I found a bathing suit last summer that I still LOVE. I love it because it sucks in my tummy, and makes everything nice and smooth... while still being comfortable. I think I got it from women within.com? Or something along those lines ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't do strapless either...need more support. And Athleta...worth EVERY PENNY! This is my second year getting an Athleta suit. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always struggled with finding the right bathing suit for my body type...until I started shopping at lands end. Now I have lots of them that I didnt pay much for! Maybe you could find one that you like? I usually buy them online to get the overstock price and free shipping :)

    Jennifer
    http://wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just realized that you came over to my blog to ask a few questions regarding Athleta swimwear. I'm a curvy petite. I'm 5'2" 152 now (15 lbs to goal!) (Newly) 34D bra size. I'm currently wearing a bra sized tankini top in a 36D. My hip measurement in 41-42 inches and currently wear a large bottom. I like more of the full tide bottom. So, yes they are pretty true to size.
    Have you found you're perfect suit yet?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!