(Just want to start off by saying...What is wrong with Blogger and commenting? Anyone else having trouble? I haven't been able to comment on your lovely blogs for several days!)
Anyway, back to my title...From Envy to Admiration
I've been spending time at the pool with my sisters. My sister that had a baby just a little while ago...is already back in her bikini! If you remember, she was the one who joined Weight Watchers to lose 15 pounds. Well, she did it and lost even more. She is so thin!
Our weekend began with me turning GREEN with envy! I'm serious. I couldn't stop staring at her...looking for the little belly baby bulge...nope, not there. I was like "LIFE is not fair!" Whining inside my head like a freakin' baby! I swear! I did that for about 2 days.
THEN, I realized...I should not be envious! I should admire her. She doesn't really enjoy exercise but she sure does have A-MA-ZING self control when eating! I really admire that. Not to say she doesn't ever indulge, she does. But in MODERATION....something I've forgotten the past 2 months.
My other sister....is the athlete! She runs and runs and runs. She is also very fit and trim. Then, she eats like a MAN! She's not trying to lose- just maintain.
So, I've learned to stop whining and admire them. Stop whining and DO IT!
Get back on the train...and do it!
LOSE IT!
Here's my restart...again.
J
Great attitude! I'd probably be a little envious of the post baby bikini though too :)You can do this. Get active, eat clean and if you hit a bump or have a bad meal accept and move on.
ReplyDeleteAh, great paradigm shift. Your story reminds me of an ex-SIL who said to me "don't worry about losing the pregnancy weight, I wore my regular jeans home from the hospital." Is she kidding! Funny thing is my husband and I caught her on video once at a family birthday party and noticed she left the room when the cake was served. Hmm.
ReplyDeleteGood luck! You CAN do it!
ReplyDeleteI used to feel like this a lot. Then I realised I can't control what other people did, just what *I* did. And that I could have their success, but again, *I*, had to do it. Earn it. Work it. Exercise it. Eat moderately. Was a big thing when I readjusted my self rightious woe is me attitude and just made the changes that would take me to my goal. It's hard aye :( Admitting the jealousy is a great step tho! Let that FUEL your fire. WANT what they have. And you CAN get it! Really you can!
ReplyDeleteYou can do it J :)
ReplyDeleteOk, google has really been messin' with me too. I have written many posts that didn't post. *sigh*. One was way back on your NAME, btw. I wanted to post that it is a pretty name, J.
ReplyDeleteI've had some things get me out of my WL routine lately, and blogger was one of them. Working to get back on track.
Happy Summer! Chrissy
Self control when eating...can you interview your sister and share some tips with us! I guess some people just have this and some of us don't! I know you can do it J, you've done it before!
ReplyDeleteAbout commenting, I've found if uncheck my sign in box (when signing in) that I am now able to leave comments a little easier. But I still have trouble at times too...what's the deal? So frustrating!
YES! What is going on with blogger! It is getting ridiculous!
ReplyDeleteI am going to admit... I would have been GREEN with envy as well. I honestly would have. I have been in those type of situations before and have ruined my own time due to envy and self loathing.
GREAT new attitude!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin