Saturday, May 28, 2011

Loving me...failed

I did two posts on what I like about me...physically....

Sad, I can't find anything else. My hands and my eyes. That's all I was willing to put up here on the blog.

Sad, sad, sad...

There are some things that I am beginning to think are "okay" but I can't really say...I LOVE MY _____.

So, I'm going to make a list of 5 traits I love about me...maybe this counts:
1. I am very loyal to those I love: friends and family.
2. I am a romantic to my core. I want everyone to be happy and find their perfect mate.
3. I am flexible. Nothing really rattles me. I can spring into action at a moment's notice, and I never mind if plans change.
4. I am generous.
5. I am very loving. I love with my whole heart.

These things are definitely more important than skinny hips and a cute butt...why don't they cheer me up as much as losing 5 pounds?

Maybe, I need therapy! :)

When you know better, you do better.

I could apply this sentiment to so many areas of my life. Mostly, I am working on applying it the scale. I don't need to focus on it half as much as I do. Rather, I need to focus on my inner beauty and how I feel.

The rest will come.

Do you deal with these feelings, too?

J

6 comments:

  1. I'm going to point out that your internal (personality) traits are FAR MORE IMPORTANT than any physical traits you could ever possess. If someone has an issue with your physical appearance, they're not meant to be your friend. Genuine and authentic self can only be found on the inside. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truth - not sure I love much about me physically either. Like some stuff. Don't mind some other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still trying to learn to like myself. I've been putting myself down for so long it's really hard. It's really sad that the negative always seems to outshine the positive in our own minds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I might need therapy too! We're always so hard on ourselves. I have a long list of things I would change physically about myself if I could. But I can't, so I should work on being the best person I can be on the inside. My husband asked me the other day to say something I liked about myself....and I said I liked that I am always on time. That's the best I could think of! Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm wondering if I'll ever stop hearing the voices in my head that say I'm not good enough. Its frustrating to truly love people, love to encourage, to actually *SEE* how amazing they are, and yet, giving myself the same gift is illusive.

    We live in a world that judges others by what they see on the outside, not WHO they are on the inside. Whose standard are we trying to meet? What defines us? Our weight? How well we're doing on the GoodFoods Pgrm?? Or can we work towards a place that our hearts, our love for others, our genuine, compassionate spirits are what we see when we look in the mirror?

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was younger I really struggled with this. Then a friend told me to focus more on my inner beauty, and the rest would follow... Just as you said. It totally worked! The more I did to become a better person, the more beautiful I felt :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!