Thursday, May 5, 2011

Good Eating=Good Feeling

So...I can honestly say I've been back on the TRUE bandwagon since Saturday. Staying under 29 points, yadda, yadda, yadda. You know the drill: eating well, exercising, drinking water. What we all know we should do but sometimes some of us (ME!) make it seem so hard to do!

It really is amazing how much better I feel and how quickly I could tell.

I hesitate to use the word "clean" b/c I am not eating a "clean" diet like you read about...but I am clean from fast food, fried food, greasy / unhealthy foods...foods that I think taste so good in the moment but make me feel like, well, crap. Sorry, but true.

After two days, my tummy was slightly flatter. After 3 days, I just felt overall better. Slept better. Less bloaty. And...more in control. Do I have cravings for chocolate? yes. Especially today (TOM) but I've resisted. See---back in control.

We have been so busy the past two weeks. We were eating out more often than we should have, I was tired and cutting corners in the kitchen, and when my husband went out of town...well, let's just say Pizza Hut was called to the house. Sad, but true. Me and stress and busyness don't get along. I put the food bandaids on! I've got to stop that!

I'm so glad I didn't quit and gain it ALL back. The old me would have. I am mad enough about having to lose this five pounds over again! UGH. Why do I do that?

Well, I'm eating the right things and feeling good now. Hope you are too.
J

4 comments:

  1. You are doing so great! Keep it up!
    TOM was a hard time for me this month too. but I felt so good afterwards knowing I stayed in control!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you:) Isn't it amazing how much better it feels when we eat well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are feeling back in control. It's def a better place to be. Keep moving forward to the goal.

    P.S. How's it going with your exercise this week??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just ate a pop tart while blogging. UGH! Why oh why!
    Good for you!!!
    Go girl!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!