Monday, May 2, 2011

Friend Makin' Mondays: Are You A Bookworm?

I'm linking up with Kenz over at All the Weigh for Friend Makin' Mondays. Her question this week is "Are you a bookworm? The idea is to link with her blog so you can meet new bloggers and find out the interesting things about each other. Feel free to join in.



Friend Makin' Mondays: Are You A Bookworm?






1) How often do you read? Always! Mostly when my girls' are asleep or we are traveling in the car. Of course, I have to do it when my family is otherwise occupied. I love to read on the beach, on the dock, in the boat, in the bed...hmm, anywhere there is a good book! :)

2) What's the last book you read and loved? I just read Jesus is For Real, it was outstanding. I also just finished all of the Hunger Games books. My students were reading them and I wanted to see what they were all about. In my opinion, 4th is too young for those books but they were written well. I did the same thing last year with the Twilight Series...way too heavy for 4th graders.   I also just finished  'Safe Haven' by Nicholas Sparks and all of the Emily Giffin books. 

3) What book(s) are you currently reading? I am almost finished with the O'Malley series by Dee Henderson. I'm one of those people that HAS to read the ENTIRE series in ORDER!

4) Share a few of your favorite authors. My favorite book of ALL TIME is Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. You must read it! I really would read almost anything if a friend recommended it to me. I have an amazing book collection (in my opinion) and I have thought about trading books online. I'm sure I've spent a small fortune.

5) What's next on your list of must-reads? I want to read Water for Elephants. I'm also debating about getting a Kindle. I'm an old-fashioned girl! I love holding a book. I love how it feels. I just LOVE reading. Does anyone have any opinions here?

Happy Reading,
J

Now it's your turn to share your answers! Don't forget to link back here so we can all see your answers too! Happy Monday!

5 comments:

  1. I thought of you randomly yesterday..thinking that I needed to come around and see what's new with you. I'm so glad you joined this week.

    Okay, so I have a Nook, but I just read 'Something Borrowed' because I picked it up in the book sections at the store..I've read several books on my e-readers which is great for flying, but I prefer the feel/smell of books. And I've never used my e-reader at the beach either..doesn't make sense to me so I go with the actual books there too. I don't think I'd give my e-reader back, but it is not a blanket replacement either, you know?

    Anyway, that's my two cents on that. I'd trade books with you if you're interested. Just e-mail me. We can set it up for others to join if you want to too.

    Also, I do a "beach book swap" every year so we all send each other cool reads. =) I can't believe it's almost time for that again!

    Okay, so I hope you're doing well! I'm going to stick around for a few and catch up. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big reader...but I want to be! I'm going to copy down some of your suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to read a LOT! And then I started reading blogs and now spend less time with books. Not sure if that is a good thing or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I came upon your post from All the Weigh. I LOVE LOVE reading also and I would find it extremely hard to switch over to an electronic device to read. I love the look, feel and smell of a real book in my hands.

    I look forward to following along on your journey, and I hope you'll stop by my site and check it out: http://the-big-weight.blogspot.com/2011/05/friend-making-mondays-are-you-bookworm.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to read as well and just read Redeeming Love for the first time about a month ago. OMGosh!! What an amazing story and a must read for everyone.

    I also love the feel of a real book in my hands and have been sharing a lot with a friend here.

    I read when my daughter is in ballet and I don't have an errand to run (it's in a nearby town and not worth the time it would take to come home) and sometimes I relax in the afternoon for a few minutes with my book while my jr. high'ers are doing homework..until elementary son gets home.

    I also think it's great that you read what your students are into. I try and do that with what my kids are reading. Lately my twins (jr. high) are into Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys and I'm loving that fact.

    Well, I could go on and on, but I won't. It brightened my day to read your post. Have fun with your getting-to-know-you thing! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!