Thursday, May 26, 2011

Emotional Roller Coaster

I eat for all reasons.

Sometimes, I don't even know/realize I am eating. It is pointless eating. I almost don't taste the stuff I am scarfing down.
Yet, I believe it makes me feel better. I must believe this. Why else would I eat my emotions over and over again?

Recently, I have begun trying to stop myself in those moments and analyze the reasons for my emotional eating. I have been asking myself: What is wrong in this moment? What are you feeling?

Sounds a little mental, I know. But, I 've been able to stop myself a few times. Slow progress.

If this lifestyle is going to be for life, I have to get a handle on emotional eating.

Emotions are for life. Life is hard. Stress will always be there.

Don't get me wrong, I eat for happy reasons, too. It just seems worse when things are stressful, lonely, or agitated.

We are adding onto our house----big stressful project. AND, my job may change in August. another stressor.

I know I cannot eat these feelings of "out of control"...but I'm learning how to cope and deal with it. Knowing and doing are two different things.

Do you eat for emotional reasons?

J

1 comment:

  1. Is the sky blue? :)

    Yes, I eat for emotional reasons. I have tried to stop myself from eating in moments when I know I am only eating b/c of stress or sadness or anxiety. However, I am usually not very successful in that moment. Maybe I should knock myself over the head or something!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!