Monday, July 12, 2010

Water Me

I really need to drink more water. I try, I do. I start every day firm in my resolution to drink at LEAST 64 ounces! But here's the deal... I LOVE DIET COKE. I know it's not healthy, but I justify because it has 0 calories. I know the pitfalls about my beloved DC. You don't have to tell me about the artificial sweetners, sodium, and how the sweetness can make you hungrier. AND, my daughters' gymnastics coach says DC gives you belly fat. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the DC that gave me mine (can you say hamburgers, tacos, mashed potatoes, chips, sandwiches, etc), but whatever. My point is: I want to drink more water, I know I need to, but I fail daily to do so. So now, I am pledging to do it right here on this blog of unbreakable promises.

Now...for the important stuff~ THANK YOU for the kind words about my before pictures and my wedding outfit. The wedding was so nice. I had such a great time. All of us danced and laughed. The room overflowed with love for the adorable couple. It was awesome. I tried to be confident and say thank you when I recieved a compliment instead of putting myself down. I even danced when I knew I was being filmed, but it was tough to stop thinking negative thoughts.

I hope you had a fabulous weekend. Enjoy your Monday.

J

7 comments:

  1. I used to have a DC addiction, too and finally swore soda pop off altogether. The main reason being, I knew when it was around I didn't drink enough water. Sound familiar?

    Maybe you could limit yourself to just one a day once you had met your water goal.

    I just checked out your last post. I don't think your before pics are all that bad and the after ones are going to be so fun to see. I do wish you would have posted a pic of you in your dress, though. It is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey J,
    As you know I was up to 6 sodas a day and 3 Route 44's from Sonic a week! I had to wean off like Barbara said. No way I could have gone cold turkey from sodas (or fast food, or sugar or any other of my addictive foods) I always had to wean off.

    The other thing that helped me with the water was fruit. I'd squeeze oranges, limes, lemons, cut up strawberries and peaches into my water. Oh and decaf tea. I still do that sometimes so I won't get bored.

    And lastly, once I came off the sodas my body started to *really* want water. BUT, it took a long time (to detox from the sodas).

    You're doing great! Be patient with yourself! Progress not perfection :)
    Hugs!
    Jae

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the others. It's a difficult one to ditch. I do like the idea of not allowing yourself to indulge until you have all of your water taken care of. Incentive is the key :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having a full on love affair with Diet Dr. Pepper! LOL! It got pretty bad, but now I just allow myself 1 can a week!

    I left you a blog award on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't completely given up DC either. I doubt I ever will, but I try to indulge sparingly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baby steps. Committing to cutting back the Diet Coke is a great first step. You'll be surprised how you will soon prefer water over soda when you're really thirsty. I know I was.

    I still drink diet sodas and my sweet tea with splenda, but sometimes I make myself drink 8 oz. of water before I start sipping a new glass of the other.

    Good to hear you enjoyed the wedding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have also just started my water promise to myself! I am so proud of myself~ about a month ago I went cold turkey with the diet coke. I LOVE the stuff. I quit for all of the reasons you listed.
    I now drink water and iced tea. Very proud of myself! ( :
    YES! Take care of the tata's! Love it! Thank you for your comment!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!