Boy...I woke up feeling down! In the dumps! Blue! What is wrong with me?
I am feeling very frustrated by my lack of weight loss. I feel like I am doing a lot of things right: exercise, no snacking, no second helpings, watching portions, and healthy meals. BUT, the scale is barely moving. This is right about the time when I would normally quit in the past- I mean, I can maintain this weight and eat what I want, really. What gives? I'm trying not to do extremes, like cutting out all carbs or drinking Slim Fast twice a day. I know those work fast, but I'm trying to do the lifestyle thing. I know I can't drink liquid meals forever. I'm doing something wrong!!!!
I'm also a little bit down b/c it is July! How did it get here so fast? My summer vacation is almost over! Yikes! I love staying at home with my kids...I know I am blessed that I have a career that allows me that time off. I'll try not to be greedy. When school is out, I always think...oh, yippee! 6 weeks at home being the full-time wife and mom! But, it flies by! I love my job, I just love being home a little more. :)
Last night, I was talking to my best friend of all time: Cindy. She is the "once in a lifetime kind of friend" we all dream of. You know what I mean. Anyway, we just happen to be going through this dieting thing together this time. I say "this time" because we've been on different points of the spectrum continuously throughout the many years. Anyway...when I picked up the phone she said:
"I'm going to write a book. I'm including all of our phone conversations, texts, and emails about dieting, exercise, and weight loss. It will be hilarious. I'll get rich and share with you!"
I laughed because we have said some funny things: like she calls me from the drive-thru and tells me what she going to eat and says she'll restart the diet tomorrow, or we talk the entire time through our walk huffing and puffing to each other, or we call from the dressing room at a store crying / laughing, you know! Those kinds of things! Once, she got stuck in an undergarment in a department store. A nice store, a nice "suck all the fat in" undergarment. She took a picture of herself and texted it to me with the word "help". Well, we live too far apart for me to really go help her, but she did have to get someone to help her get out of it. I laughed until I cried. Maybe she will write the book one day.
I hope all of you are doing well. I'm going to go exercise. Because, I AM NOT GIVING UP THIS TIME. This time, it's for real!
J
I am not giving up this time either!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love friends like that! I have one in California. I miss her so much! (I live in Missouri)
ReplyDeleteJust because the scale isn't budging doesn't necessarily mean you aren't progressing. How are your clothes fitting? How is your energy level? Those are things to look at when measuring your progress. Not necessarily the scale alone. :)
Try SparkPeople dot com! If you choose to do it, let them know that JAVAQUEEN74 sent you! (I get Spark Points!)
Hang in there, you've totally got this!!
*Be Blissful Always*
xoxo
"once in a lifetime kind of friend" Isn't it the greatest gift to have one of those friends. I have one of those and I'm so thankful for her. We've been friends since we were babies!
ReplyDeleteWow! I can't wait to read the book! Don't give up. This too shall pass!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, it has been said that our hormones are stored in our fat cells. When we start playing with them (by trying to reduce them) we go through some serious hormonal roller coasters. I've felt them all to often. I hope it's just a fat cell phase and that you're going to drop some pounds to show for it! :-)
Bill Phillips (BFL) has a quote: "It's not what you do all the time, its what you do *most* of the time". So true. Its easy to quit...perserverance, determination, grit, and the love of self are powerful attributes...all of which you have! If you're doing (literally) the footwork, then ignore the scale. Eat less, exercise more always equals less "of us" :) Don't give up, hunker down...and we'll through a virtual party when that scale does move down :)
ReplyDeleteKeep going! Keep going! Keep Going!
ReplyDeleteWrite that book! I love that you two can laugh about it.
ReplyDeleteKeep going. You will see the results. Maybe try tinkering around with your calorie intake or exercise regimen a bit.
Even if the pounds aren't falling off, you still have the satisfaction of knowing you are making good healthy choices. I know, I know it isn't much consolation,but it's something.
Found you over at Jen's and thought I'd stop by....great post. I'm trying to lose my last 15-20 lbs and have been stuck for months. I'm exercising more than I ever have in my life...but I guess it's true...as you get older it's just harder to lose. I also love to eat...so if I could only get that under control! One of my favorite quotes is: "Motivation is what gets you started...habit is what keeps you going." You keep going...you'll get there! ;)
ReplyDeleteHI! Thank you so much for the comment with the suggestions. I am definitely gonna have to try them. Keep up the good work. I totally feel ya with it already being July...that means August is just around the corner.....and we all know what THAT means...:p
ReplyDeleteI hope you had a sunnier day today! It's tough to stay motivated when the scale won't move, but you're truly on the right path!
ReplyDelete"Forever friends" are the best, aren't they?
Blue, I know your frustration. But, you are right - this time you are not giving up because the scale isn't moving at the moment. The scale has moved and will continue to move in the future.
ReplyDeleteThese plateau periods shape us into the women we are meant to be - both mentally, emotionally and physically. Even though I've plateaued for 9 weeks, I see my body chaning.
Stick with me through the plateau. We can do it. I am praying for your blue mood and for strength in the battle.
OMW Cindy sounds HILarious! That is such a funny story about the undergarment. hahaha. Chrissy
ReplyDeleteI am with you .... I am not giving up this time and trust me there have been plenty of times. I would definitely buy the book. Keep it up and the weight will come off!
ReplyDeletesorry your feeling down but dont give up, you will only feel worse! i no you can do it! have a good 4th
ReplyDeleteYou are going to keep going, because you said it...it's for real this time.
ReplyDeleteLet me know when the book is out..I'd love to read it.
I just found your blog! A friend who found you through another friend's blog recommended you to me. I'm in the midst of trying to lose 40 pounds. (You and I are right at about the same weight marker). And, I want to do it by my 40th birthday (in November).
ReplyDeleteI'm finding weight loss doesn't get any easier as I get older. Add the changes that happen in our bodies after having kids, and shedding those pounds sometimes seems impossible.
Just want to let you know you are not alone. Let me encourage you to keep going! Oh, and if you and your friend do write that book (I think you should!), I'll be one of the first in line to buy it.
You're lucky to have such a great friend to go through this with - sounds like you have a lot of fun. One of my good friends happens to be making the 'lifestyle change' right now as well and I really like having the support. Keep at it!
ReplyDeleteRae
xo