Friday, July 16, 2010

Talk to strangers

We've been conditioned to believe it's best NOT to talk to strangers. I know I still preach that to my own children. Of course, I tell them to be polite, but you know what I mean.

However, on blogger world....we're all pretty much spilling our secrets to strangers. I was so nervous about posting my picture because I didn't want friends or family to "see" my weight, but I have been gladly telling all of you for weeks. There is not one other person in my life (besides my doctor) that knows my weight---not even my BFF Cindy! I've told you guys how I feel about my in-laws and my insecure feelings that weigh me down, too. And believe me, if you met me in person, you would not think I'm insecure. There's something about blogging that makes it easy to tell things, ramble even! Well, thanks for keeping my secrets.

In other news, Cindy and I have decided to try the low-carb diet for at least one month. She totally talked me into it yesterday, and I told her I'd commit for 30 days. What do you all think of this? I've done it before and lost a lot of weight pretty quickly...is this a good idea for me??? I'm not sure. I have also started  running more and more. I want to be one of those people who LOVES to exercise.  I'm hoping I'll get there.
At the beginning of the school year, my principal always announces that it takes 21 days to make a habit. Maybe all of these healthy things will become a habit I can't live without!

I love the quotes you all send my way ...Jae posted "It's not want you do all the time, it what you do most of the time." and Kerri said, "Motivation gets you started. Habit keeps you going."  Those two make a lot of sense to me. Thanks Kerri and Jae!

Jessica at See How She Runs gave me a blogger award. I will post on it later. I've got to think of 7 things about me!!! But....Thanks Jessica!!!!
_

Thanks for reading...now, go share some secrets on your blog!
J

9 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of the low carb (extreme low carb) diet.
    I did it too... but think that the con's outweigh the pro's . But that is just me.
    Yes, we can make any home cozy ... you are so right.
    We start excavatng for the new home tomorrow so I am so very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for posting your pic. I'm still trying to get up the courage *wink*. Good luck on the low carb diet. I'm curious to hear how it goes. I was seeing a nutritionist a while back and she pretty much talked me out of low carb, but at 5 servings a day I considered her recommendation to be 'low carb' by my standards, LOL. Have a great weekend!
    Rae
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...and THANK YOU for the award. I promise to hold up my end of the bargain once I get caught up a little from vacation.
    Rae

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must be one of the very brave... I am always posting photos and yakking about anything and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer the idea of counting calories, but it has essentially made me go low-carb. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right - we are spilling out guts to strangers. Isn't it amazing how we freeing it can feel:)?

    So I am on South Beach diet which is actually a "good" carb diet but many would lump it into the low-carb category. I think it is great. But I am not a proponent of Atkins or other plans that are about the whole ketosis thing.

    But we are each different and I say go for whatever works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, spilling our guts to strangers seems so much easier than to people we truly know in real life. A lot of my real life friends know about my blog. I'm not sure how many actually read it. I just try not to think about the fact that they are reading all about my actual weight. :)
    I don't really like the idea of low-carb diets. Probably because I don't tink I could ever do it! I guess it depends on what low-carb is to you. I do watch my carb intake, somewhat. My only concern is can you maintainn a low-carb lifestyle. If you can't, then the weight is likely to be put back on. That is my concern about any diet, actually.
    Maybe you should outline for us what exactly you are going to do. I would love to know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was hard for me to allow my family and friends read how much I weigh on my blog at first... but once it was all out in the open, it felt kinda freeing!

    Have fun on your new diet! Can't wait to read how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so kind!
    For me, I feel better when I am watching my carbs. They way me down and cause me to only want more. And, for some reason, when I limit my carbs...I don't crave sugar as much.
    Good for you for running...do you run with someone? I run every now and then...but it's definately not something I enjoy! Maybe if my boobs were smaller....I could be a runner! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!!