Thanks for all of your comments about the low-carb diet. I have done a low-carb diet before, I'm not sure if it would be considered extreme or not. I had no carbs for breakfast, a salad with grapefruit for lunch, and a regular/healthy dinner with one carb serving (one roll, or one serving of rice, etc.). I did very well on that diet.
However, I did gain the weight back...obviously. I didn't just add carbs back though, I ate everything in sight. I know the arguments against "dieting" and I want the lifestyle change. I guess I'm just looking for a jumpstart to speed up the initial loss.
I am definitely not doing an extreme low-carb diet this time. I have been enjoying fresh fruit and the occasional whole-grain something with dinner (bread or rice usually).
Here's what I've been eating:
Breakfast: usually an egg (cooked variety of ways) with fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, cantaloupe, etc)
Lunch: salad with some type of meat on it (chicken, ham, turkey, etc.) and I've been using those squirt dressings so that I supposedly use less of it!
Dinner: meat, vegetable, side salad (maybe one serving of a carb if I really want it)
NO SUGAR DRINKS either. I am down to 1 Diet Coke (okay 2 if it is one of those days) and water only. :)
I have been SO BUSY the last several days...this translates to "I have not been exercising regularly." I usually run alone on my treadmill. I wish I did have a running buddy, but we just don't live in a "go out and run on the sidewalk area." So, I record my favorite TV shows and watch them while I run. It is a good getaway from the kids for an hour or so. I try to get up early (before the kids) ...this means 4:45 during the school year. Now, you see why I'm dreading the return of the school year! If I don't run, I do the 30 Day Shred with Jillian! I also use hand weights and resistance bands.
I have less than a week left of my summer vacation! Can you believe that? I can't! I'm trying not to stress and just enjoy my last days....
Have a great day!
J
Getting up that early shows real dedication! Just one week left of vacation? Are you a teacher? I looked today and realized my son is more than halfway through summer break and he has done nothing this summer! Time to start nagging:(
ReplyDeleteI'd love to be your virutal treadmill buddy. I do the same thing!
ReplyDeleteRae
xo
Your meals sound really healthy...do you snack in between? Just asking...because I would be STARVING! I really should make myself more accountable for what I'm eating (and all my soda)...maybe I should start blogging my meals. Yikes...maybe not! Sounds so scary to put it out there!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your last week of vacation!!
Sounds like you have a great plan for success. The summer flies by really fast. I need to have your determination to be up that early and get the good exercise in.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing. I'm going to have to follow your lead! Enjoy your last week!
You are doing great as you keep finding what works best for you. Doing something to jumpstart your journey is fine, but you are smart to say, "I want the lifestyle change". That's what will help you keep the weight off.
ReplyDelete4:45 am!!! I know a teacher at my kids' school who does that. I can't imagine... I just stay up too late to get up that early and I need rest. I find when I have to sub that going to the gym in the evenings might be the better option for me. You go girl!!
Sounds like a great plan! When you don't cut things out completely, I think it's easier to maintain.
ReplyDeleteSad that your summer break is coming to an end. Hope your last few days will be relaxing and rejuvenating.
4:45?! I'd be dreading that too! High 5 on the motivation to get that done though!!
ReplyDelete4:45 a.m., wow! I'm sorry school starts so soon. :(
ReplyDeleteYour low-carb plan sounds very reasonable. I think you will have success and it is something you could always do.
Congrats on the Diet Coke progress, too!
You are so commited to this!~ For real this time is a perfect name for your blog! 4:45 am, thats awesome!
ReplyDeleteyou have your eating under control... you are doing GREAT! Kristin
I love your blog/journey. I think you will do so great. It sounds like you are making great progress. I recently gave up Diet soda too, it was tough but so worth it. Keep up the good work. Fiber filled snacks will help you feel full and not be starving in between those yummy meals. Good luck.
ReplyDelete